Skip to main content

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms 😊💜), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart.

First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!!

Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn!

Merriam Park
University of St. Thomas- my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..)
Izzie's Ice Cream- local ice cream shop, with some very yummy flavors, and they have gluten free cones! My favorite combo is salted caramel and cotton candy because I am a child!
Blue Door Pub- I don't eat meat, but they have some special Jucy Lucy's!! I always get the nacho totchos: nachos with tots instead of chips!
Coffee Bene- A coffee shop next to UST that makes me feel nostalgic. There was also a location in our library. My favorite thing to order was a pumpkin chai latte in the fall!

Mac-Groveland
Wine Thief/Ale Jail- This is the BEST liquor store ever. The guys that own it have the most inclusive and eclectic selection of beer, wine, liquor. I lived across the street from this place, and frequently visited for their wine tastings!
Groveland Tap- I also lived very close to this place. It was an easy place to walk to for dinner, snack or after work drink. They have a great happy hour, and SO many beers on tap! I opt for cider though.

Summit Hill
Caffe Latte- If you have a sweet tooth, and are in St. Paul, go get yourself some chocolate turtle cake.  They have the best cake and desserts ever. My fave is this fudgy chocolatey gluten free cake called Michael's Fudge Cake, but they only have it on Friday's.
Punch Pizza- Just down the road from Caffe Latte, is this delicious Neapolitan pizza place. They make yummy wood fired pizza, and have the yummiest salads too. It is fun to sit outside during the summer, enjoy pizza, and then walk to get some dessert!

Cathedral Hill
WA Frost and Company- This is a fun place that feels vintage, and has a GREAT patio, and happy hour. Perfect for summer sipping!

Highland Park
Patina- I cannot tell you how many times we went to Patina to just do something. It is the cutest little boutique store with a little bit of everything. I could literally spend hours looking through it. It has become so popular among St. Paul, that it now has several locations, but this one is my favorite. 

West 7th
Claddaugh Coffee- yummy coffee with the an Irish theme! Perfect for a St. Paul feel.


Lower town
Farmer's Market- My favorite farmer's market in MN is the one in St. Paul. It is in the old Union Depot, and has so many local farmers, and local goods. My favorite weekend activity is to get up early, grab coffee, and hit the market. Eating local makes me feel good about what I am putting in my body, and supporting my community. 

Downtown
Pazzaluna- We kind of found this place by accident, I think. But, it was the best find ever. Get the creme brûlée. That is all I have to say 😊


I am planning a Minneapolis favorites post too, so stayed tuned for that!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls







Comments

  1. This makes me excited to head back to MN this summer for a few weddings! Izzie's is so good, I also love the coffee shops in the cities! Spyhouse and Cafe Astoria are so fun. Such a great place!!
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of my Favorite Coffee shops!! I should have added Spyhouse to this because they have a new location in St. Paul!! Can't wait til the next time I get to go home!

      xx Libby

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These places all look so cute!! I'd love to visit sometime.

    www.mollyonthemoveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks, Molly! You should definitely visit St. Paul! It is such a cute city, with so much to offer!! :)
      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosé. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap