Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 11: 2019 Favorites!!!


I have been having a great little break relaxing and hanging with the fam (that's why there has been a bit of a radio silence over her)! The holiday was great, and I got the fam to wear two different matching plaid outfits #goals! (LOL)
It has been over one month since my last What I'm Loving....whoops, looks like I missed November! Thats ok because it was kind of a crazy month for me, just as this month as been. It is also almost the end of the year. So instead of combined November/December favorites, I am going to share my top 10 favorites of 2019! I obviously have way more than 10 favorites from 2019, but I tried to narrow it down to what I used the most, and what brought me the most joy. These favorites are anything from a piece of clothing, to skin care, to just some random things. I tried to pick things that I first tried in 2019 in hopes that most things are still available if you want to try it for yourself!

1. S'well Bottle
This was my most used item of 2019! Before this, I was a long time camel-bak user. I loved those water bottles, but when I ordered the bigger size S'well bottle, it became my everyday bottle. I love the S'well so much because it keeps your water nice and cool for the entire day. It is also nice that they are metal and not plastic. I feel better about eliminating one type of plastic from my every day life. Just having and using a reusable water bottle in general is such a great sustainability practice, but using one that is metal is even better!! I bring mine everywhere, unless my bag is not big enough! My only issue is that I can be a clumsy gal, and because it is not a straw top, I sometimes spill it all over me when I take a sip πŸ˜‚. {I have the Lilly Pulitzer S'well collection, and I wish they would do another collection!}

2. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
I have talked about this before, but it is the best I have ever used. I have been using it for all of 2019 + 2 months of 2018, and it is still my favorite. I love that it is gentle on the skin, but still really cleanses, and is great at getting eye make up off. It also does not make your skin feel dry and stripped of all the nutrients, which is a huge plus. It is bad to strip your skin of the natural oils on a daily basis. 

3. Carry-on suitcase
I LOVE this suitcase!! It is definitely not super budget friendly, BUT the quality and features are incredible. It is also not meant to be checked, so the pretty off-white color will stay white, aha! This has been perfect to pack in for shorter trips home or shorter vacations! It actually holds a ton because it zips open to 2 separates sides. I love how chic and functional this is because my giant checked suitcase is not so cute! PS- Macy's always seems to have the entire line of this luggage on sale!!

4. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
This show!!! I technically started watching in like December 2018, but I am including it because I did not get all got up until well into 2019! But, I am obsessed!!! I think this is what the "TV world" needed because it is funny, and told from a great prospective. It also is just like a huge girl power moment, which I am always here for. Each season keeps getting better, too!! Now, I patiently await season 4!!

5.  Hunter Boots
I got my first pair in 2012, and I still LOVE these!! I think they become my most used boot for weather because they are tall, and add to any outfit. I have loved them so much over the years, that I have acquired three pairs...yep! They can keep you feet warm IF you wear thick socks, socks over your tights, or invest in their boot liners. I usually just wear a lot of socks with my tights!

6. Gal Meets Glam Courtney dress (seen here)
I found this dress on super sale at NordstromRack back in the spring. It was a size or two bigger than I wear in GMGC, but for the price, I needed it (I think it was only $40?!). I was so happy to find it because I had missed it the first time it was launched. Little did I know that the dress was so popular, and GMG brought it back this summer! I wore it sooo much because it is the perfect mix of feeling put together, and staying cool in the hot summer. I definitely have it in my suit case to bring to Florida!

7. Dudley Stephens Fleece
I think you guys know my love for this chic, cozy, warm fleeces. I love what the company stands for, the product, and the fact that it is women founded and run. Supporting small, more local businesses  brings me joy, so it was been so much fun growing my fleece collection in 2019. I bought my first fleece back in February, and I am pretty sure I wore it every day for the following months! Its just so so cozy. I love wearing the turtlenecks tucked into a skirt to switch it up from the normal sweater. They also have a newer terry fleece that is perfect for the summer, or for me, to exercise in!
If you want to buy one for yourself, here is a referral link for $25 off your first fleece!! (for sizing: I normally wear a small top, but I like to wear a medium DS Fleece. I could easily wear a small, but just like the coziness of the medium!)

8. Mark and Graham Windowpane Scarf (seen here)
I actually bought this late 2018, but have continuously worn it since. I use it as a scarf, wrap and blanket ahah. It is such a classic style and color, and will wear it forever! I do not know if this is ok, but I have been washing mine in the wash on gentle, and letting air dry. It works so well, which is another perk! I love this scarf so much, I got it in the pink windowpane, but it has been sold out now.

9. Sam Edelman Loafers (seen herehere, and here)
When I need to wear a shoe that is classic, and super duper comfy, I reach for these. The leather on them feels like butter, and I have never had a blister from them. I did not even need to break these bad  boys in. They were perfect the first wear!! I always get so many questions about them, and if they are worth it/that comfy, and they are!! I have walked countless miles around NYC in them, I have traveled in them, and wear them casually. I really want to also get them in the dark brown color, or hunt down the gingham ones!!

10. Reading
As I have grown up, I have enjoyed reading more. This year, I think I reached a new appreciation for books and reading. I didn't read a record number of books or anything like that in 2019, but I just felt more excited to read! I also am bad, and like to read several books at once in case I need a change in scenery, so to speak. This can hinder finishing books, but it is something I like to do! I am currently finishing up Crazy Rich Asians, and OMG, this is so good, and cannot wait to finish the series! My TBR list is getting lengthy, so I need to step-up my reading speed, ahah! But it is something that has brought me more joy than years past. I even wrote this post about reading this year!

Bonus favorites: being able to connect with so many of you!! 😊


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls and have a great rest of 2019!

Comments

  1. Hello, Libby!

    My name is Kass, and I work in the Marketing Department at BasicInvite.com. I wanted to reach out and let you know that I love your blog, and would love to collaborate on a sponsored blog post on our wedding-related stationery lines! We have a card for almost every major life moment; including, weddings, showers, birth announcements, birthdays, graduations, and more. I personally think our business' aesthetics would be a great match! We would absolutely love to learn about your different advertising options, as well as your rates.

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Cheers. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Rich Asians was such a fun series! Can't wait for the other movies to come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it!! I am almost done with the second book, and OMG it just keeps getting better! The rest of the movies cannot come fast enough! Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia :)

      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre