Skip to main content

2020 Intentions


Welcome back to PWP!
I took a bit of an unexpected break due to an extended vacation, but am getting back at it! I felt like a great "first" post back in the new year would be to chat about some goals, but notice how I did not title this 2020 goals/resolutions. I used the word Intentions because it has a better connotation to me; it feels less pressured and less negative. I am all about creating a happy mind and physical space, so saying intentions cast a better light on things I want to accomplish!

1. Sustainability-
Last year, I really focused on not buying plastic water bottles, and being better about reusable straws and bags. I feel like I was successful here, so I want to continue doing this, and add to not use single use coffee cups; I have already been killing this one, this month, and have gone out for coffee many times, and always had my own mug!! Other things I have thoughts about to better sustainability: make less waste, use less paper towels, use less zip top plastic baggies, try composting, shop more intentionally, stop using make-up wipes, and so much more! One BIG thing I have been thinking about is my beloved Keurig....I love the ease of making morning coffee with a Keurig, but all those plastic pods have been giving me SO MUCH GUILT. So I am still searching for a better solution that is just as mess free as a Keurig (coffee grounds are just the worst in terms of mess factor!). So I need your coffee suggestions!

2. Grow PWP
I have had the best year + a few months with this platform. I have been able to connect to so many amazing gals, and get to know many of you (thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate all the support!!). Before winter break/extended vacation, I very consistently posting content, and loved that! I want to continue that this year. I also want to write and post about things that I am truly passionate about- style is still at the top of the list, but there are some other things I have been thinking about! I am also thinking about stepping up my Instagram game a bit. For both here and IG, I have a list of brands/company's I am manifesting to work with!
I have also been thinking about a site redesign, logo design, and such. So if you have or know of someone that does these things, send their info my way!!

3. Apply to medical school EARLY-
I am on track to do it this year! Early means to submit your application as soon as it opens. The earlier you submit the faster the application is given schools, which means earlier interview dates, and a higher possibility of acceptances. So early, June 1st, is best. I really feel this is attainable because I have a bunch of essays written, MCAT scheduled, and have started to study! I will work to put together a full tutorial/guide to apply to grad/med school later this year! (I will do grad school separate from med school because they are VERY different processes.)

4. Read!!-
Last year, I wrote this post about reading. I felt like it gave me a great little push to do something fun for my brain. However, I did not read as much as I intended because I had busy semesters of grad school. Now, I am done with my Master's (yay!), and have been reading more (double yay!). But I know that I want to go to medical school, and my recreational reading time will be next to nothing again. So I am telling myself to read with no pressure of finishing x-number of books because I know that is not a realistic goal for myself. I do enjoy reading, and have a ton of great books on my TBR list! I know that reading for fun is great to keep the mind sharp, so this is extra motivation to do it as I approach more education. 

5. Sun Protection
This has something that I have been getting better at with each year. As I have grown up/aged (lol), I have realized that sun protection is the best thing you can do for your skin to prevent aging/problems/disease. I have been waaaaayyyy better at the sunscreen game in my 20's, but there is definitely room for improvement. I have very fair skin, and have had my fair share of bad burns, and now copious moles/freckles. I wear SPF on my face everyday, I use this moisturizer, and in spring and summer add this to my face. I do sunscreen the rest of my body when appropriate, but I need to solidify the habit more. I have body sunscreens I like, so I just need to use them regularly, even during the cooler months. I also love a good sunhat for the summer, so can I also extend this intention to expanding my sunhat collection?! YES! My overall thoughts with sun protection is to prevent damage and skin disease (cancer), and to tell myself that pale is the new tan for 2020!

What do you want to accomplish in 2020?


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls, and Happy Belated New Year!




Comments

  1. Libby, I have a suggestion. Can you send me your email or DM?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre