Skip to main content

5 Unique Things To Do While at Home



I am not sure what day of social distancing [it should actually be called physical distancing lol] we are on, but it is starting to feel like we have been doing this for months already πŸ˜…. Working from home or not, you are probably in need of things to take the place of your normal outings. My guess is that quite a few of you guys may have burned through Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ already, NO judgement because I have done my fair share of binge watching too!!! We are currently making our way through The Golden Girls available on Hulu!

If you are already bored with streaming, books, puzzles and games, then this should be helpful. It is also great if you just need to mix things up a bit, like me! I really thrive off having a variety of things to do, so I have cultivated this list of unique things to do while we are all doing our part and staying home. Let me know if you have found any different activities!

Here's some more unique ways to spend your time!!

1. Do a deep dive into the archives of a blog you read!- This sounds kind of creepy, but has provided hours of entertainment for me! I have listed some of the "OG" blogs that have been doing this for a while, so they have so many goodies in their archives. You can find great outfit inspo [for post quarantine times], recipes, q+a's, decor tips, book recommendations, and basically anything you need/want/desire! That is the beauty of a blogger because it is their space to share their voice, and there is literally something for every reader.
-Carly the Prepster
-Gal Meets Glam
-Wit & Whimsy
-Covering the Bases
-Ashley Brooke Designs
-Lemon Stripes
-Kelly in the City
-Classy Girls Wear Pearls
-Cup of Jo
-Katie's Bliss
-The Stripe
** this is not every blog I read, I just picked some gals with lots in the archive to dive into! One day I will post a list of every blog I read...its pretty long, haha.**

2. PINTEREST!!- If you haven't jumped on this train (and if you haven't yet, have you been living under a rock??), then NOW IS THE TIME!! I made my Pinterest account freshman year of college [2012, oy vey], and I still use it almost every day. It is such a place of inspiration, or Pinspiration if you will. Just like going back deep into old blog posts, there is something for everyone to discover on Pinterest. I love scrolling through fashion, home decor, and finding new easy gluten free recipes. Oh, and cocktail recipes, haha. Maybe we will have the resurgence of Pinterest parties like I had in college: we would all get in our comfies, grab our laptops, then watch a movie while we Pinterest. We were super cool 😎.

3. Have a movie club- We have been picking Oscar nominated movies to watch about every other night. We rent the movie on Amazon so family can watch it the next day. Then, we discuss the movie! It has been fun to do because I normally do not go and see all of these movies in theaters, or at all. Its really a great way to stay connected to your friends and family, and keep the intellectual skills a float during this time. So far we have watched and loved: JoJo Rabbit, Bombshell, A Beautiful  Day in the Neighborhood. Out of those, I think my favorite has been JoJo Rabbit

4. Pick a foreign language word of the day- I was supposed to go to Europe this summer, so I had downloaded DuoLingo to teach myself French. Even though the trip probably won't happen, I still think it would be fun to pick a word of the day. It is something everyone in the house can participate in, and would be a quick way to increase your vocab of a different language. You could also pick a few different languages to really make it interesting like: Mondays are French, Tuesdays are Spanish, Wednesdays are German, and etc.

5. "Go" to a Broadway Show- Ok, I am SO hyped for this one. PBS has a streaming service called Thirteen, and they have a Broadway collection!!! They have shows that were filmed on stage with a live audience, so it is almost like sitting in the theater. It is also reasonably priced at $5/month. I am so happy that I can bring some Broadway into the home because it is seriously something that makes me incredibly happy.

I would love to know what you are doing to fill your days!!

I have also been LIVING in my Dudley Stephens fleeces (pictured above)! Here's a link to $25 off your first order!!

As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

  1. I loved this post! I'm also a frequent reader of some of the blogs you listed above and found them to be quite encouraging during this time! I've especially love the positive tips in Carly's posts! Also, I've been pinning all the things, lately! I'll have to try the movie club though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe yay :) I have also been loving Carly's post the past couple of weeks! We've been having a blast with movie club, and you could pick any genre/topic that interests you! Its so fun and easy!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre