Skip to main content

Work/Study From Home Tips


I have always been a study at home kind of gal. I do appreciate an intense library study sesh, but love my own desk, chair, and stuff, haha. During undergrad, I disliked studying at the library because it was always packed, and could get loud even on the quiet floors πŸ˜‘. I mostly went to the undergrad library because it has a coffee shop on the first floor, and the second floor looks like the Hogwarts Grand Hall.

Now a days, we are all (mostly) at home studiers/workers [and here's where I give a big thanks and non-contact hug to the essential, frontline workers!]. We are quite far into staying at home, but I think tips at any stage of the game are helpful to gage if you are actually doing ok or not.



1. Set a schedule. // This will help with motivation and productiveness. Try to treat each day like you are at work/school; watch lectures when you normally have the class, work your normal work hours, have a lunch break, etc. You might think you have all the time in the world because there's no where for you to go. BUT, this could lead to procrastination...which is a bad wormhole to go down. Stick to your normal day, so you can have your evenings for making dinner, FaceTiming and watching Netflix!

2. USE your planner. // I have been using my planner all throughout quarantine, and it is a great place to make your schedule and to-do list to keep yourself accountable. Its a great sense of accomplishment to cross something off your daily list. Using your planner will, hopefully, keep you on track to do the work you need to do. I use this Erin Condren Planner. Also, do not be hard on yourself if you forget, now is not the time for that.

3. Take appropriate breaks. // Take a break when you mentally need it, and take one for lunch/breakfast/dinner depending on your schedule. Breaks can be your best friend or worst enemy, I have found; you are either rejuvenated and ready to work again, or have lost all productivity and ready to throw in the towel. Theres definitely a sweet spot time for breaks, so make sure to find yours! I try to have 45-50 minutes of productive work, then break for 10-15 minutes.

4. Fuel yourself with wholesome snacks. // It is so easy to go for something crunchy and unhealthy while you work from home...try to save your treats for after work or the weekend, and give yourself some healthier snacks to fuel your brain well! I have been loving apple slices and nut butter, a yogurt parfait (with Icelandic yogurt so its high in protein and low in sugar!), *some* chips and salsa, and avocado toast.

5. Get dressed. // At least put on something that makes you feel productive, and not wanting to crawl back into bed.

6. Don't force motivation. //  This is somewhat contradictory to my first tip, but I have been on a roller coaster of motivation these past 7 weeks. When you have a day where you feel really motivated, don't hold back, and just lean into that motivation. Even if it doesn't totally fit into the schedule you made, use every ounce of motivation that comes by. On the other end, if you have low to zero motivation, do not try to force yourself to do a whole load of work/studying. During low motivation you will probably have less of an attention span, and be less productive, and just not be into what you are learning/working on. Again, do not be hard on yourself during these low motivation days.



More study/work tips!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre