Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no.15






Another month of shelter in place is done, and my favorites reflect the times, hah. I think we have really settled into an at home routine, which makes me feel a bit more settled. I am such a routine person it turns out! Now that it is May, I also hope that the weather starts to cooperate a bit more and give us some warm, sunny days! We felt it was ok to go up to the cabin, as its a short drive, and we didn't have to get out of the car until we got here. It is so peaceful and a great change of pace.


Cute, comfy shorts! //  These are the shorts in the picture above! They are from Carolina Dandy, a cute little online shop run by Addison, who is the sweetest!! The shorts are a nice light weight seersucker with a scalloped hem...what more could ya want in a pair of cozy shorts!! You can also have them monogrammed! I had my monogram done in the blue hydrangea thread and love how it looks on the light blue shorts. There is also a sale on lounge wear in the shop with code: STAYCOZY.   Go get yourself a pair, and support a small woman ran business, before they sell out!

Wolffer Wine Ships!  //  My favorite vineyard in the Hamptons ships wine. This is something I would have never known if we were not in quarantine. Two or three weeks ago, I was looking to buy some Wolffer wine, and put some goodies in my cart. When I was about to check out, I saw that you could get the rosΓ© tasting wines!!! I obvi decided to go with that instead, hah! With the purchase of the tasting, you are also sent a "virtual tasting" video that explains each wine so you can bring the winery to home. It is the best thing ever, and I will be ordering from any smaller winery that ships from now on! {also, if you are local on Long Island/Hamptons, Wolffer has the cutest drive thru to order and pick up their wines!}

Bow Scrunchies  //  I never ever thought of myself as a scrunchie person. But, last spring when I was in the Hamptons (lots of Hamptons talk today!), I made a purchase at Stoney Clover Lane, and the sweet salesgirl let me pick out a little something to go with my bag. I chose this gingham bow scrunchie (similar one linked). It was kind of a random add-on, but I have been using that thing daily during quarantine! I have been wearing my hair up more often, and the scrunchie is great for lounging because it does not pull at your hair! If you search bow scrunchies on Etsy, so many cute ones pop up! J. Crew also has some cute options!




Here's my March Favorites incase you missed it!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I love those shorts! Stripes and a monogram...sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so cute!! such a nice light weight material too! :)

      Delete
  2. The best shorts! :-) Also that wine looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre