Skip to main content

SUMMER BUCKET LIST







My favorite season of the year is more or less, officially here! This summer will look a lot different than summers past, and I am trying not to be bummed about, and embrace my favorite season. I have put together my bucket list for summer! I really think you can still do things this summer while being safe and socially distancing yourself from others. Happy Summer!!

SUMMER BUCKET LIST:
1. Beach time!- Nothing more says its summer, than going to the beach! I think this can easily be done social distancing wise as long as you pick a beach that is not typically crowded and set up camp far from others.

2. Go to a Winery- This is another favorite summer time activity. I absolutely love sitting outside at a winery for a tasting, or splitting a bottle of something with a cheese board. I do love trying new wines, and summer is perfect for trying all new rosΓ©! Because #rosΓ©allday

3. Dining al fresco- preferably by the water!- Most parts of the country are starting to allow dining outside. I have not been to a restaurant in months, so I hope we can get some outdoor dining in this summer!

4. Ice cream runs!- I love ice cream. LOVE IT! I even had a dedicated ice cream post last year 🍦.

5. Reading under the sun.- Reading outside when the weather is nice is a mood. I have read quite a bit in the past few months, but my list keeps getting longer, hah.

6. Have a Picnic- I haven't had an actual picnic in ages, and this summer feels like the return of the picnic. (If you want to safely see friends, a socially distant picnic in a park would be a fun option!)

7. Backyard soiree- I like planning and hosting. This summer will not be the summer for big parties, but planning something for the family in the current household would be fun! I think a rosΓ© party would be perfect for summer!

8. Sunsets, lots of sunsets.- I am always chasing a sunset. They are so simple and beautiful, and are a big sparks joy moment for me. Summer sunsets are some of the most beautiful, and I would love to watch a lot of them (cocktail in hand!).


7. Summer drives- A drive on a sunny day with your favorite tunes, and maybe some iced coffee sounds lovely!

8. Pool day(s)- Another essential summer activity! I miss the pool we had with our house in Florida so much these days!

9. Summer seafood- Ok, so I really eat vegetarian, but in the summer, I have pescatarian tendencies in the summer for fresh seafood and fish. Grilled shrimp tacos and margaritas are always a good summer idea!

10. S'mores- Having s'mores is such a nostalgic thing, but every summer I crave them. I like to use a GF chocolate chip cookie in place of a graham cracker, hah. 

11. Grill outs- Throwing something on the grill for dinner is always a sign of warm weather, and this year I really want to try grilling pizza!

12. Lake life- Maynard's on Lake Minnetonka- Minnesota summers are gorgeous. The lakes are alive, and everyone is in a good mood after months of winter. I hope I can get home this summer, and hopefully go to my fave lakeside place!

13. Finish a Morgan Julia Designs canvas- Such a random item, but MJD has some of the cutest needlepoint canvases that scream summer! I have my eye on a light house, and champagne bucket.

14. Acai bowls- I crave these in the summer! It feels like a treat that is also healthy. Last summer I would order them, and then go sit by the pool and eat it while sunning and reading. I miss those days.

15. Wear Lilly!- I reserve all of my bright pattern and color wearing for the summer when I bring out the Lilly Pulitzer. A classic Lilly shift is something I reach for often during the warm season. They just launched a new collection for the summer, and I really love this, this and this!



As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre