Skip to main content

My Gallery Wall

 


I often get questions on my little gallery wall in my NJ apartment room. I decided it would be fun to chat about the pieces, and my vision for decor when I moved into this room a couple of years ago. Some pieces  are things I made myself and such, so I tried to find similar links to some of them.

I was not exactly sure what "theme" I was going for when I was ordering things for my new room, but I was very attracted to navy, white, and pink with accents of gold. I remember getting a DM saying that it was looking like original Kate Spade, and thought bingo, thats my "theme." I love love going into Kate Spade stores, even after they rebranded, it still has all of the touches of that classic, preppy, Upper East Side Kate Spade design. I even put on an older Kate Spade dress, and tried to recreate that classic look for these photos 😊.

Pretty much everything in my room is navy and white (with some pinks and gold)- bedding, desk, shelves, storage cart, etc. I have this really great wall space between my two windows, and wanted to put together a fun gallery wall with pieces I have collected over the years- it felt very Kate Spade to mix and match pieces for an almost quirky, but cohesive and meaningful wall (If you have been into a store in the past 5ish years, you totally know that vibe, haha.) 

I laid out what I had, and knew how it would end up on the wall, and then headed to HomeGoods to get some more frames. Like I said above, the my gallery wall "art" has meaning to me, and I think thats what makes it cohesive. I do kind of wish that I would have stuck to either white or navy or black frames with the pops of gold for more cohesiveness, but I am not going to change that now, haha. 



Top:

1. Lilly Pulitzer Palm Beach Map (similar)- I love this little map of Palm Beach that I got in the Lilly Pulitzer store there. It reminds me of how much I loved the short time I was in PB, and that I want to go back on a long trip one day! I honestly love maps as decor. 

2. Crew Teams Postcard- The link is the actual print of this post card! I am so happy I found it, haha. I love this. I was never on a crew team, and have never rowed, but I enjoy watching crew! I got this postcard on a fun trip to Boston with my bff a couple of years ago, and reminds me of the trip, and how the entire Harvard campus was closed to the public for their yearly Alumni event. We were bummed, but have a funny story on how we walked the circle around campus, went to every Harvard store, and got Tatte for a pick me up. 

3. University of St. Thomas Card- This part of my senior gifts from the biology department from my college. It is very special because most of the professors wrote a small note to me in it. I will keep this forever, but want to change the frame at some point!

Middle:

1. Vintage Orioles Pennant- First, no, I am not an Orioles fan. (Obvi I am a MN Twins fan!!) My bff/old roommate found this hidden behind some chalk boards in her old classroom at the same time that I was applying to and being accepted to graduate schools. I was accepted at Johns Hopkins, and then she found this pennant, and it felt like a sign. Well, I ended up hating Baltimore and went to Rutgers for grad school instead, but I still wanted to keep and frame the pennant because it reminds me that I can and will do big things (I know, very cheesy).

2. Luke's Diner Ornament (similar)- I got this as a Christmas gift, but love it so much that I wanted to make it a part of my everyday decor. I also feel like a Gilmore Girls Superfan, and restart the series every fall. There is something comforting about this show, and I love that feeling.

3. Signed Playbill- I am a BIG Broadway gal. My favorite actor is Sutton Foster (see her star in the TV show Younger!). I happened to be in New York one summer when she was in a limited run of a show called Violet. I was able to get *$20*, omg, student tickets to the show, and was so happy to see her perform live!! Of course, I had to wait at the stage door afterwards for an autograph. She was the sweetest, and I still want to be her bff.

4. Sunhat- I love this sunhat so so much. I initially envisioned hanging hats on both sides of the framed pieces, but I have not collected anymore hats to do so...one day I will have my dream gallery hat wall, lol. 

Bottom:

1. Anything Goes Program- Again, big Broadway gal, haha. This show was a revival on Broadway in 2011...oh god I sound old... I was a senior in high school and just became obsessed with the music and Cole Porter, and of course my girl Sutton Foster was starring in this show. I was in New York the summer of 2012, but was on a school trip and could not just go off on my own and see the show..Fast forward to spring 2013, and Anything Goes goes on tour!! I immediately bought tickets, and was just so so sucked into this classic show, and have had this program in a frame since then. If you want to be wowed, just watch the casts' Tony Awards Performance! I definitely taught myself that tap dance break, and they deserve every single Tony they won that year.

2. Macaron Painting- Ok, so this is the art piece I get the most questions about where it is from, and asking for a link to it. Well, I actually painted it *myself*. It is a Libby original, lol. In my post college apartment we had a similar big blank wall situation, so my roommate and I hand painted a bunch of these little canvases for a gallery wall in our old apartment. The macaron one was my favorite one, so I kept it! Here are some similar options because I know how much you guys love this one: this one, this one and this one

3. Kate Spade Post Card- I am pretty sure I got this post card when I popped into a Kate Spade store. It says: "she practice's random acts of joy." It really struck a chord with me because I am all about finding joy in any thing, and love to find things that #sparksjoy. 



Similar Dress (almost exact Kate Spade dress on Poshmark) | Similar Necklace | Similar Curtains


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls



Comments

  1. As a Baltimorean, I can't help but find it a little gauche that you claim to have hated Baltimore, but hang an Orioles pennant on your wall. Baltimore can get a bad rap, but it's truly an amazing city. I can't help but think you either didn't give it a fair chance, or didn't spend time in the right places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre