Skip to main content

Postcards from the Finger Lakes

 


We took an extra long weekend last week, and drove up to the Finger Lakes in Upstate NY. I had never been there before, but wow was it beautiful. We spent our days there hiking in the mornings, and checking out wineries in the afternoon. It was a great time, and we picked the perfect time to go because the fall colors were gorgeous, and it hadn't gotten too chilly to sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. Here are some snapshots from the fun little road trip! Lots of pictures ahead!

We stayed at this funky little refurbished church Airbnb. It was actually a pretty cool place to stay because it had a lot of history, and was beautifully redone. Look at those original floors! The location is pretty good too because it is between Keuka and Seneca lakes- so good access to a lot of wineries, haha. 



On our first full day, we spent the morning hiking the Keuka Outlet Trail. The trail is lined with trees and the colors were just incredible. This trail is also has water falls in both directions, and one direction goes alway the way into Penn Yan. It was a nice, wide trail and easy to social distance if we passed others.





That afternoon, we went to a couple wineries and one brewery along Keuka lake. The first winery we went to was Weis Vineyards. The view was beautiful, and the wine was great. Right behind it is a winery in the french style of wine called Domaine LeSeurre. Such great wine, again! And of course had to get a cheeseboard!



The second morning, we hiked Watkins Glen State Park. The pictures above are the Gorge Trail, and wow was it pretty. There was so many waterfalls, and a stream running through the middle. This one does get busy, so get there early to avoid crowds in the trail- it is narrow and one-way so there can be back-ups when it is busy. We were on it by 8:45am, and there was only a few other small groups.



After our morning hike, we went winery hopping (again πŸ˜‹). We headed to the East side of Seneca lake, and first went to Lamoreaux Landing. The views of the vines and lake is so beautiful. I had the new release pinot noir, and really enjoyed it.


Next stop was Boundary Breaks winery, which is somewhat off the beaten path, and a must visit in my opinion! The views and the tasting were amazing. I loved dry sparkling wine and the red.



Ok, yes...I did take a selfie with all of my glasses of wine, lol. We ended the night going to Atwater Vineyards, and had the most delicious sparkling rosΓ©. The sun was starting to set, and we headed next door to Two Goats Brewing, where others had some brews, and I enjoyed the sunset ahahah. 




On the last full day, we started by hiking the Fingers Lakes National Forest. There are so many trails, and we just picked one at random. It was stunning- the colors, the views, and the adorable little lakes we found! Because it is a woodsy trail, there were a lot of ticks on the dog, so just be careful if you go and check yourself for ticks when you  are done!

The rest of the that day, we just hung around the church, played games, relaxed and got take out for dinner. We played Cranium before bed, and my team won! I am such a nerd and love that game, haha. 


The next day, before we headed home, we made a few more stops. One of them was Lucky Hare Brewing. Since I can't drink beer, I got a local cider they had, and fries...lots of their fries...they make them fresh, and serve them hot, and WOW best french fries I have ever had, and we may have ordered some to-go to take home!!

We ended the trip back at Atwater for more sparking rosΓ©, and ended up buying bottles of it! It was the perfect way to end such a fun trip. I want to go back to the Finger Lakes someday because there is so many wineries, so little time. It was beautiful, and we picked the perfect time for some leaf peeping. I am working on a more detailed travel guide, and a post to link all of the outfits I wore!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls








Comments

  1. *sigh* Those lakes on top of the beautiful fall colors look absolutely magical. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah yes it was so beautiful and magical autumn vibes! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre