Skip to main content

Hi, Again!

 

Happy Tuesday, friends! Sorry for the lack of blog posts last week-I felt pretty drained after my virtual interview, but have recharged my brain! I thought I would do a re-introduce/introduce myself post. I am not sure if I have ever done a blog post like this, or the last time I did one. It has been so rewarding to see my little corner of the internet community grow, so I am sure there are some new faces around here! That is something else I am very grateful for! I am sharing some things about me here, but will also have some different facts on my Instagram @libbylovespearls later today, so check that out too! I would love to get to know you guys better- leave me a comment and tell me something about yourself 😊.


1. I have had my blog for a little over 2 years now. I really wished I would have started it sooner, but I think every says that, ahah. I started it right before I started my Master's degree because I thought it would be a good creative outlet for my brain during a very academically rigorous program. I have thought about doing a little rebrand with a new name, but I cannot come up with a new name that I like yet. I did, however, change up some of the color themes to reflect my currently taste!


2. My favorite thing in my closet is my collection of Dudley Stephens fleeces! I add quite a few during quarantine, but I seriously wear one every day. Its definitely worth the investment for one! I love the Park Slope in Vello fleece best, and wear a S or M in them. I like the M a bit better for length on my long torso!


3. I LOVE all things blue and white (see photo above, lol). There is something about that color combination that is so cozy, calming and aesthetically pleasing. It is why I am always looking for new ginger jars to add to my collection. 


4. Watching the sunset or the sunrise sparks so much joy for me, especially if it is done while enjoying a glass of bubbles! 


5. I actually enjoy studying, and really love writing posts on how to improve your study/work/school habits. I have not written a new one of these in a while, so look out for a new one soon!


Here is where to find things on the blog:

-You can shop about everything I post about in the Shop My Looks tab

-You can see all the books I have read and enjoyed in the Books tab

-You can find all of the study and work and school tips in the Study tab


If you ever have a question, need a link for something, or want to chat feel free to DM me on the 'gram, and my email is there as well, and I love responding to blog post comments! My Instagram is @libbylovespearls and you can find me in the LiketoKnow.it app too with the same handle!


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you being here!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre