Skip to main content

What are you looking forward to?

 

I have seen this kind of post go around, and thought it was so interesting to read the responses. Today, I am going to share what I miss/what I am looking forward to in a more "normal" world again, and I would love if you would share yours. 

It probably comes at no shock that I am most looking forward to going to Broadway again. In the fall of 2019, I wrote this post touching on my love for live theatre and how to see shows on a budget. It feels like we have all lived two lifetimes since I wrote that post! It has also been 1 year since I saw my last show- I saw Wicked at the end of February 2020. [which I have gratitude for every day since last March.]

My friend Caitlin of LemonadePressBlog.com and I are both sharing our love of Broadway today on our blogs and on Instagram, so make sure to go read her blog post and check out both our instagrams: @lemonadepressblog + @libbylovespearls

It it hard to explain the feeling I get when I see a live show and why I love and miss it so much, but lets try! I think a big thing is the fact that it is live, and really anything can happen during a live show. It almost gives me an adrenaline rush and keeps me on my toes when I am watching. I know that companies practice and rehearse very often so that the show is virtually the same every night, but the fact that it is live means that anything goes. It also feels more special, and I always like to say that a show on particular night is just for that audience, that that same exact thing will happen only once, and only that audience will remember that specific performance. 

One thing that I never knew I gained from seeing a Broadway show, until we couldn't go anymore, is that it recharges my creativity and motivation. I have had to get creative with sparking the creative feeling in the past year, but I just know that nothing does it like theatre. I will say, when Hamilton hit Disney+ I was over the moon and it definitely invigorated the creative side of me again. 

I really think the first thing I will want to do is go back to my favorite city (or hopefully I am living close by again) and see a Broadway show. Lets make a day out of it, like wandering a new neighborhood, exploring new spots, pre-dinner drinks at my favorite happy hour place, and then the show!


Above are the shows I have seen throughout the years. Yes, I keep them in a PlayBill binder, and that binder is stuffed to capacity so that is why a lot of them are not in it. This is not all of the PlayBills either, I have several framed that I have yet to hang up!

Now, let's talk bucket list shows. I am talking about shows that are "currently" on Broadway and shows that I never got the chance to see before they closed!

1. The Music Man- the revival was supposed to open in 2020 and that didn't happen, hah.
2. Six
3. Diana 
4. Come Fly Away- is a dance based show to the music of Frank Sinatra.
5. Thoroughly Modern Millie- I really need a revival of this!!
6. Moulin Rouge! The Musical
7. The Last Five Years
8. Dreamgirls 

I also want to point you in the direction of my Broadway Playlist on Spotify! Its a good one that I add new songs to all the time!

I hope you enjoyed the brain-dump post about my love of Broadway, and don't forget to read Caitlin's post! What are you most looking forward to?


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

PS- you can donate to the Actor's Fund here to help provide necessities and essentials to out of work actors struggling to make ends meet during this time.


Comments

  1. Your day of going to see a show sounds just divine! Happy Hour and Dinner and a show sounds like heaven right now! Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hopefully soon, friend!! Had so much sharing about broadway with you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre