Skip to main content

Elevating Everyday Experiences

 

This year, there has been this movement to romanticize your life. To do and find things little things around you that make whatever moment you are in seem more exciting and enjoyable. Through all this, I am found myself gravitating towards using and adding things into my life that make something mundane feel luxurious or romantic in some way. I've been thinking about how elevating everyday experiences has been my version of romanticizing my life. I have really been trying to not save things for a special occasion. That it is ok to use your fancy skincare, put the nice sheets on the bed, and open that bottle of champagne that has been sitting there.

This has helped me feel like I have some more depth in my life, as my med school routine is pretty monotonous and mundane. Another thing that has helped elevate my everyday life, is how I designed and decorated my apartment. The blue and white, rattan, caning and everything brings me so much joy everyday. It makes me love my space and it feels like my little home. Whenever I host study group, my girlfriends comment that it does feel really homey, and it makes me happy that it makes guests feel comfy-cozy. 

So, here is what I do/things I love to elevated my everyday experiences:

1. Make showers feel like time at the spa: I might be alone on this one, but I absolutely love taking showers; I know a lot of people who dread showering and I simply cannot relate. I am always excited to take a nice, long, hot and steamy shower. There has been one thing in particular that has really elevated my shower experience to spa-like experience that is the Necessaire Eucalyptus Body Wash. The eucalyptus scent is calming and refreshing and makes me feel so luxurious. Sometimes, I will pick up some real eucalyptus from Trader Joe's and hang it in the shower to add a bit more spa feelings to my favorite part of my day. Something that would take this to the next level would be a great robe ( I can't believe I don't have one here?!), and I've been eyeing this one from Weezie for awhile!

2. Fresh Flowers: Something about having fresh flowers in my favorite ginger jar vase makes me feel like I have my a life together a little more. White hydrangeas are my favorite! I can make them last forever with minimal effort, and they always make me feel warm like summer. I highly recommend having your favorite fresh flowers in your home.

3. Morning Coffee: No matter how much I have to do in the morning, I try and squeeze in some quiet morning coffee time. Even 5 minutes can make a difference in my day. This does not seem like some that can elevate an everyday experience, but its giving yourself the time to enjoy something you love that can start to feel so routine if you don't stop and take a few minutes to enjoy it. 

4. Using the "good" linens: I got this beautiful tablecloth from Sarah Flint, and I did not even hesitate to put it on my table immediately. It ties my dining room together, and its such a gorgeous print that I get to look at every day while I eat breakfast. It makes my early start to the mornings all that more enjoyable, and sometimes I pretend I am at my favorite cafe in NYC having brunch. I also have an amazing duvet cover from Hill House Home, and it makes my bed feel like such a luxury. I have been better about being in the mind set that if I stain either of them, I have a washing machine :)

5. Wearing my favorite pajamas: Lake Pajamas are hands down the BEST pajamas I have ever tried and owned. I feel like I am sleeping in an actual cloud when I wear them. Sleep is so important that what you wear to bed matters. A soft, breathable, comfortable and ultra-luxurious feeling pair of pajamas are a must in my opinion. I swear I sleep better in my Lake pj's, and get excited to crawl into bed for a goodnights sleep.

I could probably make this list really long, but I wanted to share a few of the major things that have brought some more joy to everyday life. 


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls


SHOP THE POST:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre