Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 33: Summer Favorites

 

I cannot believe we are over half way through August. I am always of the endless summer mindset, this season never feels long enough. With studying for boards and starting clinical rotations this summer, it has made this time go by even more quickly. I realize it had been awhile since I have done a round up of my favorites and figured summer favorites would be a fun one to start with again. Enjoy, this is a long one, and happy almost Virgo season :)


WHAT I'M LOVING:

Kate Pants- I would much rather be in a dress than in pants, but I bought a couple of pairs of these pants to have some more options for clinical rotations. The cut is so flattering and the material has some stretch and makes them pretty comfy. I highly recommend if you are looking for a great pair of work pants or nicer pants/trousers. I think the fit is true to size/slightly big so if you order them maybe order your normal size and one size down to compare.

Lady Jacket- These sweater jackets have been something I grab for weekly since July. The style, cut and details are so classic. I have styled them with so many looks like over a dress, with a skirt, and with pants. I think these are a good investment piece that will stay in your closet for many years. This style may be trendy right now, but it really is a classic style that will forever be in style! I have quite the collection already and want to get every color!

Blush- I caved and bought the Rare Beauty blush. I got it in the shade Hope which is a pretty mauvey rosy color that gives you a very natural flushed look. It is so easy to blend and so pigmented that a little goes a long way. I love the shade I got- I think it is perfect for full glam or for no make-up make-up day looks. I even got my mom hooked on it when I was home this summer, and she immediately ordered one for herself!

Athletic/Lounge Shorts- This seems like an odd thing for me, but I have been reaching for these shorts when I am just spending the day at home. For athletic shorts, I think they are pretty cute and the cut is flattering. I have been pairing with a simple t-shirt and sweater for a chic sporty spice lounge look. I have to be honest and say I have never worn them on errands/in public but I think you could make a really cute athleisure look with them. 

Ice Maker- I have been wanting a nugget ice maker for ever. The fridge in the GM apartment does not have an ice maker so I had just been doing ice trays for the past two years which was very annoying. I looked at getting the ice maker before but I just wasn't sure where I would put it. But, this year was the year and I just decided that I was fine with dedicating a spot in my kitchen with minimal counter space. It was worth it.  (I got it on Prime Day, so it was significantly less expensive then, so I would watch for sales.)

White Eyelet Dress- When the Hill House summer collection dropped, I told myself I did not need another dress of this style. Well, I ended up ordering two in this style and told myself I would only keep one...I kept both. I was just going to keep the printed one I got, but kept trying on the white one and it was just so perfect it had to make an exception. I am glad I kept it because I did a closet clean out and get of a lot of longer white dresses that were old and just needed to be retired (you know how white dresses just get dingy after years). I reach for this one so often. It is easy to dress up and dress casually. A white dress for summer is just classic. I also thing this is perfect for brides the little eyelet details are precious!

Olipop- I am not a big soda girlie but found sometimes I was craving a bubbly treat. I have a sparkling water addiction but sometimes I just need a little something more. I tried a few brands of the better for you probiotic sodas, and liked Olipop the best. The root beer is my favorite and also love the lemon ginger. I love drinking one out of a wine glass to make it fun and like a lil treat.

Stanley Dupe- Funny story about this cup- back in January I asked on my Instagram story for opinions about the Stanley cup. People had opinions which I appreciated: you either loved it or hated it and found it not worth it. I decided to hold on purchasing one at the time. A couple months later, I get an Amazon package with this cup in it. I laughed that my mom sent me a dupe for the real thing but used it anyway. When I saw her later, she asked me if I liked my Stanley and I laughed and said you mean the dupe? She said she searched Stanley on Amazon and bought the first listing because she assumed it was the real thing but it wasn't. However, I do love the one she sent me and it is less expensive! The only thing is that I wish it didn't leak and I could throw it in my bag, so maybe I should try the real thing haha. It does keep your water SO cold and takes almost 12 hours for ice to melt in it!!

Mary Janes- These are a pretty new pair of shoes for me but I am including them here because they have been going with everything- clinic outfits, casual looks, dresses, skirts, jeans! I love that you can wash them because let's be honest flats can get gross really fast! These are super comfy as well. Definitely more of an investment, and I have linked an inexpensive pair of flats below, but I think worth it if you are running around all day and need to look put together and have some comfort. 

Mock-neck Tanks: I grabbed two of these when I was shopping for clothes for clinical rotations. I thought these will be good for layering and a very versatile piece to add to my wardrobe. I was right, haha, I reach for them often. They are such a flattering cut and very soft and comfy too. I know in the winter they will be perfect under sweaters and jackets for an extra layer! I get them in a small.


LOOKING + LOVING

Light blue jacket

This dress

This dress

Striped Sweater

Tweed dress (looks perfect for the office!)

J Crew New Arrivals

New Pajamas

$20 Ballet Flats (I have heard people rave about these and I might have to try for $20! Would be great to be your shoes for rainy days, office where you walk a lot and roll through nicer shoes or everyday!)


IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

What to Wear to Work

Shoes for Spring and Summer

Join me on IG + TT: @libbylovespearls

LTK: libbylovespearls


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre