Skip to main content

10 Summer Essentials no. 2



Happy Friday! It does not feel like we are officially one week into summer, but here we are. I put one of these posts together last year, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Summer is my favorite season, and my favorite part of my closet. Having a set of staples for any season is a great way to be able to create many outfits that make you look and feel your best. I know that this summer is a lot different than any other summer, but I have still been wearing the favorite seasonal pieces I have with me in PA. I hope to dive into my summer bucket list (safely!!) soon, and need some great summer looks to go with it! Even if summer is staycation-ing the backyard, it doesn't mean you can't wear your summer best to do so!

SUMMER ESSENTIALS: 




Striped maxi dress  |  Striped shirt  |  Gingham Swimsuit (top+bottoms)

    Wicker bag  |  Navy shorts  |  Sun hat  |  White dress





Striped maxi dress- This has been my favorite summer dress for one year now. That's right, I still love it after one year of having it. I wear it at least once a week, it is that good. Unfortunately, Gal Meets Glam Collection is closing, but you can still get this dress (in blue or pink) before they do so in early August. You will be missed, GMGC!

Striped shirt- A summer staple that was in my summer post from last year. I wear it all the time! J. Crew always seems to have it on sale, too!

Gingham Swimsuit (topalso here+bottoms)- A good swimsuit during this season is necessary. You want it to make you feel comfortable, and to make you feel confident. I love a high waisted bikini for this, and this gingham one from Draper James X Land's End is high on my wishlist!

Wicker bag- See my post from last year for the bag I own and adore. I could not find that bag this year, so I linked one that is just as summer ready. I think a wicker bag is the perfect addition to any summer outfit (I even carried mine into earlier fall last year).

Navy shorts- Another repeat from last year! I love the high waisted sailor style. The best pair of navy shorts I have found, are from J. Crew Factory a few years ago. They have not brought them back, but these ones are pretty similar.

Sun hat- This is for the fashun, and the sun protection. I love a big bow on a sun hat. Don't forget your sunscreen, too!

White dress- I just got this one in from the LMF X Target collection, and it is the perfect LWD for summer! It can be worn so many different ways, and the eyelet is classic. If you are a tall girl like me (I'm 5'9"), you may want to size up for some extra length! I would normally wear a small, but got a medium in it.

Printed dress- You could go a lot of directions for a printed, fun dress, but this ric-rac one from Jenn Lake's new collection with Sail to Sable was calling my name! I also love a floral, a toile, or a gingham dress for summer! It is nice to add a pop of something different to your wardrobe.

Jack Rogers- I ordered these Jacks last month, and love them. I do love my classic Jacks, but it is nice to mix it up. Again, another repeat from last year!

Espadrilles- I think you can wear espadrilles with any outfit during spring and summer. The feminine lace up around the ankle is a great detail, and they are so comfy! You bet, I am going to wear mine around the back yard this year! These are also a classic that will never go out of style, so you can wear them for years and years!




Happy summering, friends! What are your go-to's for summer?


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre