Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 17



June felt like it came and went. I swear yesterday was the just the first week of June! How has July Fourth already come and gone, and its practically mid July!? I promise I will be better about getting my monthly favorites up more quickly, ahah.





This months list is a long one 😊.


Gardening- 
My aunt and uncle have a garden every summer. This year, however, we started the garden from SEEDS in late March. It was so fun to watch them sprout, I feel like they are my children, and the day we planted them outside felt like sending them to kindergarten, haha. It has been a surprisingly stress relieving activity, and it feels good to know exactly where your food is coming from. Look out for a full on gardening post and garden tour soon!

OMG these cookies!! I found this brand of cookies when I was looking for ways to support the Black community, so yes this is a Black-owned business that is also women run! We. Love. This. The cookies are free of the top 8 allergens including gluten. You know I am all about an amazing gluten free treat that I do not have to bake, so I ordered 3 boxes. They are so yummy, and will be a pantry staple!!

I needed another pair of sandals. I already knew that I love my classic Jacks, so I perused their other sandals and settled on these. I love them, and they are so comfy, and essentially had zero break in time, unlike classic Jacks! Get these sandals!!

Sudio Earbuds (gifted)
Sudio sent me these earbuds to review and do Instagram posts and stories. I have been wanting a wireless headphone option that weren't my huge Beats, so I was so excited to try these. I love how they fit in your ears, and DO NOT FALL OUT!!! I have tried friends AirPods, and it always felt that they were going to fall out of my ears, and I had to turn the volume up super high, which is not good for your ears. The Sudio buds are so much better, no falling and noise reduction built right in! 
My code for 15% off may still work: libbylovespearls.

Everyone needs to read this book. It is about a small southern town, and the implications of race on one particular family. I cannot say enough good things about this book. It is written by a Black author, and I have been actively making sure to read books by BIPOC authors. Heres some books I have read lately.

Iced Coffee Season
This is something random that made me feel joy, but yay for iced coffee! Whats your fave way to do an at home iced coffee? I like a little almond milk, and may add a dash of natural maple syrup if I want something sweet.

Exercise skorts are seriously the best thing about working out during the warmer months. I am a skirt and dress gal through and through, so being able to wear a skirt while exercising just makes me feel extra good about myself. I love how you can dress a skort up or down too! My favorite is the Lululemon skort (linked above) because it has a silicone trim on the inside of the shorts so they do not ride up! 
I also love this one and this one!

A summer staple that is a part of my summer uniform. I actually own a couple of them because I reach for these striped shirts so often during the summer. A good part of a summer capsule wardrobe.

Another random item, but these are THE best socks I have ever worn for running/exercising. The socks are supportive and cushioned in all the right places. I love the fun colors they come in, too. The best part about these is that the annoying toe seam is so flat/nonexistent, so it doesn't rub and bother your toes! You need to try these, especially if you are a runner (or want to be a runner!).

*I know it was release on July 3, but HAMILTON OMG!!*

Other things...:
Carly's June reads- I want to read them all!

I am also on LiketoKnow.It now, so search libbylovespearls on the App, and gimme a follow to shop my looks! I will slowly adding a better shop page to the blog, too!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre