Skip to main content

What works for me.

Studying is such an individualized habit. What works for some people, does not work for others. As an undergrad, I would often feel lost in the studying game, and looked to other's for inspiration. I would trial and error new methods until I found something that clicked for me. 




That being said, this is what is working for me. I like to incorporate all types of media for learning whether that be reading, drawing, watching or listening. I try to evolve my study techniques, so this is a snap shot in time because it will change. My methods may not be the best fit for how you learn, but if you feel like you are stuck in your study game, here is my process!!



Step One: Preview the lecture the night/morning before. //  My slides are posted before lecture. Most professors post the day before their lecture! (some post an hour before...) But, take a look at the slides, so you are not blind sided during lecture. Also, I take some time to organize my notes, and use the lecture objectives or summary to guide this. 





Step Two: Lecture.  //  Go to lecture!! All of my lectures are recorded, but sometimes there are technical difficulties, so have come to not totally trust the system. Be attentive and present during lecture, take good notes, and get your questions from your preview answered. 


Step Three: Take the objectives outlined, and use them to construct your own notes. //  After lecture, re-listen to it if you need to, and re-organize/write/type up your notes. Based on the objectives or lecture summaries, decide what the important concepts and details from each lecture. I use Google docs for my outlines/notes. It works well so I can work from any device by signing into Google. 





Step Four: Review, review, review! //  Review is key, and staying ahead of the game helps. I take each week as a new section, and make sure to feel comfortable with each lecture before going onto the next week. I review my notes, and do practice problems. It is important to do practice problems well ahead of the exam date, so you know what to expect. I also use every resource I can to help synthesize the information like text books, Google, etc. I am in biomedical science so sites like SketchyMedical are so so helpful!



Step Five: Figure out where your weaknesses are with the material. //  Hand write things you always forget. Make flash cards. Make tables, lists, diagrams. Create your own practice questions, and think how each fact could be turned into an exam question. Do anything that helps you remember and understand the concepts. If you are still struggling, do not be afraid to ask your professor (the person that makes the test) for advice on how to study for a particular subject. 





Repeat with each lecture until exam time. Then, rock the exam!



Pants  |  Sweater |  Shirt  |   Similar Shoes  |  Fitbit

As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

PS= Don't forget to check out my Instagram @libbylovespearls 💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thanksgiving Look

Turtleneck  |   Skirt  |   Tights  |   Boots Thanksgiving is only one week away! I am excited to go home, and spend time with my family and friends. This is a holiday that is HARD to dress for. On one hand, you want to wear joggers and a big sweater because of all of the yummy food and treats. On the other hand, you want to dress up, or slightly dress up while still feeling comfy. Hence, the big dressing dilemma: how to create the right look for your kind of holiday? I like to dress it up a little , without wearing a cocktail outfit or gown, haha. I created this look for a dressy, casual look. It is an easy outfit to put together, and I bet you have some similar pieces in your closet! A turtleneck, plaid skirt and tights is such a classic fall look that is also great for this holiday. It is kind of an easy dressing equation too because it is so easy to mix and match what you have in your closet, or buy one new piece that you know will go with an...

My Gal Meets Glam Collection

Hello! You might have already figured this out, but I have a serious obsession with every single Gal Meets Glam dress and collection . I feel like I am starting to grow quite the collection of the insanely beautiful dresses. I recently did a poll on my Instagram, and you guys said that you wanted to see my collection. I have compiled pictures from older posts, and from my iPhone to show you! I have purchased all of these on sale, or received them as gifts (thanks mom). I think getting them on sale is my secret for buying Gal Meets Glam dresses. They are 100% worth the investment, and will always be in style because they are such classic pieces and silhouettes. A new collection comes out about every month, and every month I look at it, and think: I want it all!! The next drop is March 13th, and I am so excited!! I have added the name of each dress below the picture. Because these are from the "older" collections, I cannot find most of the links. But here are my tips if you...

What I'm Loving (+ GIVEAWAY!!!)

Here is the first What I'm Loving of 2019! I've really been into some very classic pieces at the start of this new year, and loving some old favorites! Classic Tan Trench //  I had my eye on this one from J. Crew for a LONG time. The other week, it was 25% off, I had a J. Crew gift card, AND I had $15 dollars in J. Crew rewards money, so I HAD to get it!! I am obsessed, and I cannot wait to wear it on repeat this spring!! Here are some more cute options that are on good sale!!: Tan Trench 1 , Tan Trench 2 .  Simple Closet Staple Pieces // I have been on Pinterest pinning a lot of more classic staple pieces. Things like simple solid colored turtle necks and sweaters. I recently bought this sweater from Tuckernuck , and have been wearing it on repeat! It is so easy to style well, and style differently. I recently wore it with black watch plaid pants and loafers. Loafers are another classic piece that I recently added to my wardrobe. My mom surprised me, and sent me these...