Skip to main content

Your Perfect Staycation Itinerary!




Sometimes a staycation is the better way to relax, and unwind. There is less stress, less planning, and virtually no travel! It does not sound as chic as a real vacation, but lets be real, you will probably be better rested, and feel more comfortable during a staycation than a real vacation. To me, that sounds like the chicest way to "travel!" It also gives you an excuse to do things in your city that you have always wanted to do, but do not have the time for. Today, I have put together a chic, relaxing, and fun staycation itinerary. I guarantee that a fabulous staycation is exactly what you needed!


--I am currently home in Minnesota, so the natural first stop on our staycation is to visit one of the 10,000 lakes here. A pool/ocean works if a lake is not your thing! For this, you will definitely need a great beach bag will all of the essentials, including a nice lightweight towel that is perfect for a comfortable time in the sun. Like this one (I have the blue, and it is dreamy)! Don't forget to pack a book, and some snacks to reach the ultimate relaxation state on your staycation!



--Next up: time to have a bit of fun! This is the time to cross something off your bucket list. Think of something that you've always wanted to do in your city, and go for it. It could be anything from a museum, new rooftop, even going on a boat ride if you can. Or heck, find some ice cream because this is vacation after all, and dessert before dinner is totally acceptable.

Mini golf for the win!


--Have a fun dinner! This is one my favorite things to do while on a destination vacation, so why not do it on your staycation. Get dressed up in the perfect sun dress you have had in your closet, waiting for an opportunity to go out. Add some summery wedges, a wicker handbag, and you are ready for dinner! This is also the time for the fancy cocktail you normally would not order, and of course, ordering a dessert.


--After you are happy and stuffed, there is nothing better than to come back home and do nothing. Grab that great lightweight summer blanket, your best jammies, plant yourself on the couch, and have a movie night in!

If you need me, I'll be under here!

Don't forget to check out Crane & Canopy for all of your staycation needs!



As always

#dontforgetyourpearls





Comments

  1. Sounds like the best way to spend the summer! I always feel like MN's lakes are perfect for vacationing-that's got to be so nice to have so many close to home!
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha it is!! There is literally a lake every you turn in MN!! Hope you enjoyed your time there :)
      xx Libby

      Delete
  2. Love your bathing suit.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I forgot to link it, so here it is! It is on sale right now!
      https://www.jcrew.com/p/womens_category/swimwear/ruffletrim-bikini-top-in-stripe/L1477?color_name=green-stripe-mix

      xx Libby

      Delete
  3. I love the Lilly dress and that cute swimsuit! I am having a staycation in about a month and I am so ready and excited!

    xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! Staycations can seriously be the best!! I hope you have a great time, and have some ideas for your "trip", now!

    xx Libby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Staycations are essential!

    Stephanie
    http://alearningstory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree!! Sometimes it is nice just to relax in your own home!
      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre