Skip to main content

A day in St. Augustine

I have a confession to make...these photos are from March 😂. We took them on our spring break trip to Florida, but my dad wanted to use his new camera, and he never got around to uploading them until I was home last month!


 

When we went to FL during my March spring break, we spent a couple days at Disney, then headed to the Atlantic Coast. One of the days, we took a little trip up to St. Augustine, Florida. If you have never been, it is a beautiful old town. Actually, I think it is one of the oldest towns in the US. All of the architecture is a charming, Spanish colonial style, and you really feel brought back in time. 


I remember that the entire trip was a little on the chilly side, like 60+ degrees, minimal sun, and some rain...not the beach vacation I was hoping for, aha. But, we made the most of exploring the historic town. We had been there before, so it was more like revisiting our favorite spots! Because it was pretty chilly, I opted for white jeans, and my trusty sweater blazer.



Every time in St. Augustine, we go and walk around Flagler College. It is probably one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Just look at this courtyard!! Inside the main building is sooo beautiful! I didn't take any pictures because I felt the pics didn't do it justice. It is such a gorgeous place, and I definitely contemplated going to college here back in 2012 when I was a senior in high school!



Another one of my all time favorite places is Columbia Restaurant. It. Is. To. Die. For. They have a few locations across Florida, and I have been to most of them, but the St. Augustine is the most charming one in my opinion. There are so many unique spaces in the one building, and you can't go wrong. It is at the end of the main walking street in town, so the outside is the iconic colonial architecture, too. My usual order is red sangria or a mojito, 1905 salad, and Cuban black bean soup. Yummmm!



white jeans  |  sweater blazer  |  sweater (not many sizes left in navy, but the other colors are v cute!)  |  backpack  |  jacks


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls





Comments

  1. What a fun place to go! St. Augustine looks gorgeous. The history is amazing of the town, too!
    Caitlin
    www.LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful historic town! I didn't go this trip, but the fort on the river is amazing, and well preserved!
      xx Libby

      Delete
  2. I love St. Augustine! It is the oldest city in America and is so gorgeous. I always wanted to go to Flagler college just because it is so beautiful, ha (: Great post girl!

    xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and thanks!! I would have considered Flagler more for college, but when I was looking they were so small they didn't have a biology program! But it is so so beautiful! :)
      xx Libby

      Delete
  3. I love your sweater blazer! So cute!!
    Xo, Kelsey
    www.petiteinherheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Kelsey!! I am obsessed with the sweater blazers! They are so cute and comfy!!
      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Thanksgiving Look

Turtleneck  |   Skirt  |   Tights  |   Boots Thanksgiving is only one week away! I am excited to go home, and spend time with my family and friends. This is a holiday that is HARD to dress for. On one hand, you want to wear joggers and a big sweater because of all of the yummy food and treats. On the other hand, you want to dress up, or slightly dress up while still feeling comfy. Hence, the big dressing dilemma: how to create the right look for your kind of holiday? I like to dress it up a little , without wearing a cocktail outfit or gown, haha. I created this look for a dressy, casual look. It is an easy outfit to put together, and I bet you have some similar pieces in your closet! A turtleneck, plaid skirt and tights is such a classic fall look that is also great for this holiday. It is kind of an easy dressing equation too because it is so easy to mix and match what you have in your closet, or buy one new piece that you know will go with an...

My Gal Meets Glam Collection

Hello! You might have already figured this out, but I have a serious obsession with every single Gal Meets Glam dress and collection . I feel like I am starting to grow quite the collection of the insanely beautiful dresses. I recently did a poll on my Instagram, and you guys said that you wanted to see my collection. I have compiled pictures from older posts, and from my iPhone to show you! I have purchased all of these on sale, or received them as gifts (thanks mom). I think getting them on sale is my secret for buying Gal Meets Glam dresses. They are 100% worth the investment, and will always be in style because they are such classic pieces and silhouettes. A new collection comes out about every month, and every month I look at it, and think: I want it all!! The next drop is March 13th, and I am so excited!! I have added the name of each dress below the picture. Because these are from the "older" collections, I cannot find most of the links. But here are my tips if you...

What I'm Loving (+ GIVEAWAY!!!)

Here is the first What I'm Loving of 2019! I've really been into some very classic pieces at the start of this new year, and loving some old favorites! Classic Tan Trench //  I had my eye on this one from J. Crew for a LONG time. The other week, it was 25% off, I had a J. Crew gift card, AND I had $15 dollars in J. Crew rewards money, so I HAD to get it!! I am obsessed, and I cannot wait to wear it on repeat this spring!! Here are some more cute options that are on good sale!!: Tan Trench 1 , Tan Trench 2 .  Simple Closet Staple Pieces // I have been on Pinterest pinning a lot of more classic staple pieces. Things like simple solid colored turtle necks and sweaters. I recently bought this sweater from Tuckernuck , and have been wearing it on repeat! It is so easy to style well, and style differently. I recently wore it with black watch plaid pants and loafers. Loafers are another classic piece that I recently added to my wardrobe. My mom surprised me, and sent me these...