Skip to main content

A day in St. Augustine

I have a confession to make...these photos are from March πŸ˜‚. We took them on our spring break trip to Florida, but my dad wanted to use his new camera, and he never got around to uploading them until I was home last month!


 

When we went to FL during my March spring break, we spent a couple days at Disney, then headed to the Atlantic Coast. One of the days, we took a little trip up to St. Augustine, Florida. If you have never been, it is a beautiful old town. Actually, I think it is one of the oldest towns in the US. All of the architecture is a charming, Spanish colonial style, and you really feel brought back in time. 


I remember that the entire trip was a little on the chilly side, like 60+ degrees, minimal sun, and some rain...not the beach vacation I was hoping for, aha. But, we made the most of exploring the historic town. We had been there before, so it was more like revisiting our favorite spots! Because it was pretty chilly, I opted for white jeans, and my trusty sweater blazer.



Every time in St. Augustine, we go and walk around Flagler College. It is probably one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Just look at this courtyard!! Inside the main building is sooo beautiful! I didn't take any pictures because I felt the pics didn't do it justice. It is such a gorgeous place, and I definitely contemplated going to college here back in 2012 when I was a senior in high school!



Another one of my all time favorite places is Columbia Restaurant. It. Is. To. Die. For. They have a few locations across Florida, and I have been to most of them, but the St. Augustine is the most charming one in my opinion. There are so many unique spaces in the one building, and you can't go wrong. It is at the end of the main walking street in town, so the outside is the iconic colonial architecture, too. My usual order is red sangria or a mojito, 1905 salad, and Cuban black bean soup. Yummmm!



white jeans  |  sweater blazer  |  sweater (not many sizes left in navy, but the other colors are v cute!)  |  backpack  |  jacks


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls





Comments

  1. What a fun place to go! St. Augustine looks gorgeous. The history is amazing of the town, too!
    Caitlin
    www.LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful historic town! I didn't go this trip, but the fort on the river is amazing, and well preserved!
      xx Libby

      Delete
  2. I love St. Augustine! It is the oldest city in America and is so gorgeous. I always wanted to go to Flagler college just because it is so beautiful, ha (: Great post girl!

    xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and thanks!! I would have considered Flagler more for college, but when I was looking they were so small they didn't have a biology program! But it is so so beautiful! :)
      xx Libby

      Delete
  3. I love your sweater blazer! So cute!!
    Xo, Kelsey
    www.petiteinherheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Kelsey!! I am obsessed with the sweater blazers! They are so cute and comfy!!
      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre