Skip to main content

Cheers to 1 YEAR!



I cannot believe I have been at this for one year. I started because I was starting a rigorous grad school program, and felt like I needed a hobby/outlet. Having a blog is also something that I had always wanted to do. I do not really know why I didn't just go for it years ago, but I am glad I decided to impulsively do so one year ago. So here is my big brand dump post for 1 year 😊

It has been a year. I have learned so  much about me, life, and just generally. First, I moved from MN (home) to NJ for graduate school. It was not a bad transition because I have always wanted to live on the East Coast, but it was still hard saying goodbye. I am so happy with my decision, as I am ~not to brag~ killing it in grad school, and really feel ready with a strong application for medical school. Second, this past year of grad school has been no small feat. My program is modeled after medical school classes, so the intensity was/is high. There was a lot of times, especially spring semester, when I was not sure what I was doing, and felt incredibly overwhelmed. But I learned to plow through, and how to achieve my version of girl boss mode. In all of the stress, though, I had PWP, and it made me feel so much better when I could express my creative side.

I guess I should talk about how important creativity is to me, hah. So, I started my creativeness/art when I was little, and my parents put me in dance. I absolutely loved it, and still love to dance. Dancing then blossomed into singing/acting, and I started voice lessons, and doing various theater camps. When I started middle school, I played the trumpet, and that was quickly over, replaced by the flute. I continued dancing/singing/flute playing. I was in marching band, show choir, and danced! In college, I played in band all 4 years. So you could say that art/being creative has always been a big part of my life/took up a big space in my brain. Along with this, I have had a love for style/clothes/fashion for as long as I, and my mom, can remember! As soon as I discovered several style blogs, I was hooked in even more. Pinterest also helped, haha! Style felt like another source of creativity for me. I always feel like PWP was in the cards for me, I just needed to go for it!

One more thing I want to touch on in this brain dump of a post (lol), is that the community I have found myself in since I started has been so great. I have connected with so many of you, and other gals with blogs! I will be forever grateful for my virtual friends, and I hope to make these in person friends at some point! I have not felt alone on this journey, and I have LOVED supporting my fellow gals!!

I want to say thank you so much for this amazing 1 year! This is becoming a serious hobby for me, and have some fun things planned for the year ahead! I would also love to hear from you guys on what you would like to see from me! I love suggestions and collaboration! Also, if you have not found me on Instagram, check it out because I have a ton of fun over there too!
IG: libbylovespearls
(I also have Twitter (libbylovepearls) andPinterest! let's be friends!)




Love you guys so much!

As always,


#dontforgetyourpearls






Comments

  1. Hi Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find pre medical student All Saints University School of Medicine - Dominica is committed to providing high quality education leading to a Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree at very affordable fees.

    Visit Now:- https://allsaintsuniversity.org/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre