Skip to main content

#SparksJoy



You may have noticed, lately, that I have been using the phrase "sparks joy" a lot. I am not talking about the Konmari Method sparks joy (lol), but little things, feelings, experiences that actually make me feel joy. There is only 36 days until Christmas, and 43 days until the end of the decade. End of the DECADE! That is insane! 

So, I am making #SparksJoy my motto for the holidays, and rest of the year/decade. I want to find all the joyful things for the rest of the year. It also helps that my favorite holiday season of the year is here, and it is a joyful one! Something that #SparksJoy can really be anything that makes you feel happy (and if organizing the Konmari way is what brings you joy, then that is ok too 😂). Recently, I have being feeling a lot of joy from the beautiful late fall sunsets here in New Jersey. There have been actually breathtaking, and the other night while I was driving, I actually found a place to pull of the road to admire the sky; talk about a big #SparksJoy moment. Because it is the holiday season, I have also been finding so much joy in the release of brands holiday collections! I love all the sparkles, reds, and plaids that come with this season. It is joyful and magical!

I really want to make this a little movement because finding the joy in every day life is HARD, but can help you in so many ways. I want to see what #SparksJoy for you!! Leave me a comment here, or use this above hashtag, and tag me on Instagram (@libbylovespearls), so I can see it!! Who knows, I might feel enough joy to do something special for those who share (holiday giveaway, maybe?!). 

I want to know what brings you joy!! Right now, I am listening to some holiday tunes, and of course it is bringing ALL the joy!! 


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls (and your joy 😊)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Thanksgiving Look

Turtleneck  |   Skirt  |   Tights  |   Boots Thanksgiving is only one week away! I am excited to go home, and spend time with my family and friends. This is a holiday that is HARD to dress for. On one hand, you want to wear joggers and a big sweater because of all of the yummy food and treats. On the other hand, you want to dress up, or slightly dress up while still feeling comfy. Hence, the big dressing dilemma: how to create the right look for your kind of holiday? I like to dress it up a little , without wearing a cocktail outfit or gown, haha. I created this look for a dressy, casual look. It is an easy outfit to put together, and I bet you have some similar pieces in your closet! A turtleneck, plaid skirt and tights is such a classic fall look that is also great for this holiday. It is kind of an easy dressing equation too because it is so easy to mix and match what you have in your closet, or buy one new piece that you know will go with an...

My Gal Meets Glam Collection

Hello! You might have already figured this out, but I have a serious obsession with every single Gal Meets Glam dress and collection . I feel like I am starting to grow quite the collection of the insanely beautiful dresses. I recently did a poll on my Instagram, and you guys said that you wanted to see my collection. I have compiled pictures from older posts, and from my iPhone to show you! I have purchased all of these on sale, or received them as gifts (thanks mom). I think getting them on sale is my secret for buying Gal Meets Glam dresses. They are 100% worth the investment, and will always be in style because they are such classic pieces and silhouettes. A new collection comes out about every month, and every month I look at it, and think: I want it all!! The next drop is March 13th, and I am so excited!! I have added the name of each dress below the picture. Because these are from the "older" collections, I cannot find most of the links. But here are my tips if you...

What I'm Loving (+ GIVEAWAY!!!)

Here is the first What I'm Loving of 2019! I've really been into some very classic pieces at the start of this new year, and loving some old favorites! Classic Tan Trench //  I had my eye on this one from J. Crew for a LONG time. The other week, it was 25% off, I had a J. Crew gift card, AND I had $15 dollars in J. Crew rewards money, so I HAD to get it!! I am obsessed, and I cannot wait to wear it on repeat this spring!! Here are some more cute options that are on good sale!!: Tan Trench 1 , Tan Trench 2 .  Simple Closet Staple Pieces // I have been on Pinterest pinning a lot of more classic staple pieces. Things like simple solid colored turtle necks and sweaters. I recently bought this sweater from Tuckernuck , and have been wearing it on repeat! It is so easy to style well, and style differently. I recently wore it with black watch plaid pants and loafers. Loafers are another classic piece that I recently added to my wardrobe. My mom surprised me, and sent me these...