Skip to main content

A Pop of Plaid

Happy first Tuesday of December! It is only 22 days until Christmas, and that is just crazy! Today, I finally get to go back to New Jersey after all of the this insane winter weather, and I am excited to finish my Masters! Yes, like actually be done with the program and graduate!! More on that later 😊.

While home in Minnesota, it was VERY cold and snowy. I found myself reaching for my Dudley Stephens fleece every single day! I loved dressing it up and down, and wore it with this white skirt one day. I also picked up this plaid headband (totally copied Elsa, Carly and Phoebe on this one, but I HAD to have it!!). It adds the perfect pop of festiveness to any outfit! I have been loving pairing it with a neutral outfit, like the one here, so the headband is the statement of the look. 




I know I have talked A LOT about these fleeces on here, but let me just say a few more things (for now, haha)! I finally got to put this to the test in actually cold, snowy winter weather, and OMG still so warm! The turtleneck makes it so cozy that you do not really need a scarf when you wear it. The fleece is so cozy and a great thickness, so it really keeps you warm. I cannot recommend it enough! Again, here is a link for $25 off a fleece of your own! It is so worth it!





I would totally wear this outfit for a more casual, cozy holiday celebration. I love a good winter white/lighter neutrals look, and the headband just makes it a holiday look. You could easily wear winter boots, Bean Boots, or even Uggs (😂) with this to make it more winter friendly. You could also swap out the tights and fleece colors for darker colors if you are worried about being in mostly white colors. A lot of color ways of this outfit would still go with the cute, plaid headband!


Headband  |  Fleece  |  Skirt  |  Boots


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thanksgiving Look

Turtleneck  |   Skirt  |   Tights  |   Boots Thanksgiving is only one week away! I am excited to go home, and spend time with my family and friends. This is a holiday that is HARD to dress for. On one hand, you want to wear joggers and a big sweater because of all of the yummy food and treats. On the other hand, you want to dress up, or slightly dress up while still feeling comfy. Hence, the big dressing dilemma: how to create the right look for your kind of holiday? I like to dress it up a little , without wearing a cocktail outfit or gown, haha. I created this look for a dressy, casual look. It is an easy outfit to put together, and I bet you have some similar pieces in your closet! A turtleneck, plaid skirt and tights is such a classic fall look that is also great for this holiday. It is kind of an easy dressing equation too because it is so easy to mix and match what you have in your closet, or buy one new piece that you know will go with an...

My Gal Meets Glam Collection

Hello! You might have already figured this out, but I have a serious obsession with every single Gal Meets Glam dress and collection . I feel like I am starting to grow quite the collection of the insanely beautiful dresses. I recently did a poll on my Instagram, and you guys said that you wanted to see my collection. I have compiled pictures from older posts, and from my iPhone to show you! I have purchased all of these on sale, or received them as gifts (thanks mom). I think getting them on sale is my secret for buying Gal Meets Glam dresses. They are 100% worth the investment, and will always be in style because they are such classic pieces and silhouettes. A new collection comes out about every month, and every month I look at it, and think: I want it all!! The next drop is March 13th, and I am so excited!! I have added the name of each dress below the picture. Because these are from the "older" collections, I cannot find most of the links. But here are my tips if you...

What I'm Loving (+ GIVEAWAY!!!)

Here is the first What I'm Loving of 2019! I've really been into some very classic pieces at the start of this new year, and loving some old favorites! Classic Tan Trench //  I had my eye on this one from J. Crew for a LONG time. The other week, it was 25% off, I had a J. Crew gift card, AND I had $15 dollars in J. Crew rewards money, so I HAD to get it!! I am obsessed, and I cannot wait to wear it on repeat this spring!! Here are some more cute options that are on good sale!!: Tan Trench 1 , Tan Trench 2 .  Simple Closet Staple Pieces // I have been on Pinterest pinning a lot of more classic staple pieces. Things like simple solid colored turtle necks and sweaters. I recently bought this sweater from Tuckernuck , and have been wearing it on repeat! It is so easy to style well, and style differently. I recently wore it with black watch plaid pants and loafers. Loafers are another classic piece that I recently added to my wardrobe. My mom surprised me, and sent me these...