Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 12


Sharing a picture from vacation because spending the first two weeks of the year in FL was one of my faves!

How is it the END of January?! ( I definitely almost wrote end of February, and was like girl pump the brakes πŸ˜‚.) The end of the month does mean another edition of my favorites! I love writing these kinds of posts, and watching favorites videos on YouTube. Anyone else relate? 

Yeti Tumbler  // My mom wanted this for some holiday last year, but always forgets to use it! I decided that I would make good use out of it, and gifted it to me, haha. And, I LOVE it!! One of my goals is to not use single-use coffee cups this year. If I am going out and about I make sure to have this with me if I feel I will want a little pick me up! The tumbler keeps the coffee warm all day, too so it has been nice to have something warm while I am back in the tundra of MN for a bit!

Dudley Stephens boatneck fleece // I think it is clear that I have a love or obsession with these fleeces. I wear them all the time, and make them cozy-casual or cozy-dressed up! Because it is winter and REALLY cold, I have been reaching for my fleeces every day. For Christmas, I got to add another one to my collection, and because I am basic, got the navy boatneck. I does not disappoint, ahah. The other day, I wore it with a skirt, and had a button-up, collared shirt under it. So perfect!!
For reference: I wear a size small or medium- small is my true size, but I sometimes like the medium for extra length because my torso is very long.
(PS- if they don't have your size, don't worry because they do restocks often!
And, heres a link for $25 off your first fleece!!)

New EC Planner  // I order a new Erin Condren planner every January, and it never disappoints. This year they had the cutest design with lemons on it because they partnered with Alex's Lemonade! The design looks so happy, and love the joy it brings me when I use it every day. For the record, I have been getting the academic planner for a year now, but used the OG EC Planner for years before the academic one was launched! LOVE both types of planners!!
Here is a referral link for $$ off your first planner!


From the news:
2019 nCoV //  Ok this is a "favorite" in the sense that infectious disease tracking and epidemics are of HUGE interest to me. Epidemics are generally not good things, and this Coronavirus is definitely now in an epidemic. Novel/rare diseases that can jump the to population, and actually spread via human-to-human transmission is a big hurdle to jump over in the realm of infectious agents. So, when a crossover event like this happens in the life of a virus, it is a big deal in the infectious disease/public and global health disciplines. I have enjoyed reading, and expanding my knowledge on the subject of virology, especially while new facts pop up every day about this novel virus. (in this context, novel means something the human population has never been exposed to before) As a premed gal, I think it is very important to keep up to date on new research, especially in your field of interest. I read about what is going on in the infectious disease world almost every day. Below I have linked some of the articles I find the most informative about 2019-nCoV, and a my favorite site to read about daily infectious disease news:

CIDRAP
WHO- Coronavirus
CNN- news updates
I am not going to link it (because I don't want people to come for me, lol), but I really think that Wikipedia has great, basic information about the virology, phylogeny, and pathology about coronavirus in general (or great basic info about most science topics). It is also easy to click on the sources at the bottom of the webpage to clarify the information, or read the whole study if you are interested!
**I also love reading non-fiction books about medicine, disease and infectious disease! I have quite the list, so ask if you want some recommendations!**

I hope you had a great first month of 2020!

As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre