Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 19

 

I celebrated my 26th birthday in August!

Bye, bye August. You will be missed! I know so many people that are ready for fall, but I just can't imagine going into the colder months, and not be able to enjoy the outdoors. Doing things outside is the only way you can really get out and about these days, so going into fall and winter feels more like a punishment. Summer felt somewhat like a peak into normalcy, so I am not wishing that away in trade of cooler months and less chance to be outdoors! With that said, I am excited from some fall things like pumpkin, apple picking and all the pretty fall colors.

I also haven't had a blog post in a while because of some business with med school apps and such. I also did an IGTV with Kelly where we chatted about being premed/grad school/med school apps, so go to Instagram, and check it out!

Now that my ode to summer is done (thanks for coming to my TedTalk πŸ˜‚), lets get into my favorites from the month of August.


1.  Drunk Elephant TLC Glycolic Acid Serum- I have been loving this serum from Drunk Elephant. You use it at night, and it works to even out, and brighten up your skin! I have noticed a difference, its crazy! Here is a smaller size if you want to try it out. I have also used it as a spot treatment for some maskne and I don't know if thats a listed use, but it sure works to treat it. *Bonus: this Drunk Elephant Scalp Scrub has done wonders for my scalp health, and getting out dry shampoo build up that shampoo alone can't wash out!


2.  Aveda NutriPlenish Leave in Conditioner- This is the best leave in conditioner I have ever used. It makes your hair sooo soft, and acts as a great detangler. It does not feel heavy or overly oily, either! It is kind of one great product that does the work of a bunch of products. I highly recommend it!


3.  Big Brother- Fun fact, I am a huge fan of Big Brother. Like maybe I would want to play someday. I was so happy when I saw the ads that we would get a new season this year!! It is what we needed to feel a smidge more normal. If you like some reality TV, watch this season of Big Brother!


4. They Wish They Were Us- I finished this book in only a handful of days. It was so good, that one night I stayed up late to finish it, and told my friends about it ahah. I have been loving books that are fun to get lost in, and this was definitely that! Here's the trailer for the book if you need some more hype. Seriously, read this book! I feel like it is perfect for fall back to school vibes since its set in a prep school on Long Island. If you read it, please tell me/tag me, and tag the author, Jessica Goodman! I would love love for her to write some more books so I could read them, ahah.


5. Blue and White Amazon Skirt- This summer has been a HOT one, especially this August back in Minnesota. When I wasn't reaching for a long, light dress, I was reaching for this skirt from Amazon. I LOVE the print and colors (BLUE AND WHITE!!!), and how light and flowy it is. I comes in other colors, so maybe I need another one in a more fall-like color palette?! Anyway, its been a great go-to!! It does run very small in the waist, so size up 1 or even 2 sizes- I would normally get a small or medium in this type of skirt because my waist is a lot smaller than hips/butt, and I got a medium, and definitely could have got a large!!


In case you missed it: 

5 Back to School Tips

Margaux Discount Code

Cute Masks Part 2


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

  1. I still have not tried drunk Elephant yet but I need to!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite skin care brands!! You should try it and let me know what you think!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre