Skip to main content

What I'm Loving- Updated Favorites

 

 Happy Tuesday, friends! I am trying to get back into my normal posting schedule now that I am back from my trip! (Look for a Rhode Island travel guide coming soon!) It has been so long since I have done a favorites post! I try to do them monthly, but it sometimes gets away from me, or I don't feel like I have any new favorites to share. I have quite the list to share this time because it has been so long, and I have broken them up into categories.


FASHION:

-Smocked Dresses: I think smocked dresses are always in style to some extent, but this summer they have really taken over. I am here for this! I wear a smocked dress almost every day, it seems, and I have never felt more comfy and stylish, aha. Love this one, this one and this one.

-Nap Dresses: To go with smocked dresses, nap dresses have been another favorite. I love how you can style them any way you want from casual sitting at home to dressy with espadrilles and a cute handbag. They are light weight and perfect for this hot summer we have been having. I feel like I need to add more to my collection!

-White Sandals: I have a few pairs of white sandals that I have been rotating through all summer. I think white goes with any summer look, and there is no guessing on what color of shoes to wear, just what white shoes am I feeling today. Here are my specific favorites: lace up sandals (use code SARAHFLINT-BALIBBYM for $50 off!), Jack's slides, espadrilles.

-Puff Sleeves: I have been loving this trend since the spring. I try not to give into too many trends because my style and taste is pretty classic/timeless, but puff sleeves have just fit right into the version of my style right now. It is such a sweet, feminine, grandmillennial detail, and I will definitely hold onto it even when it is "less" trendy! Here is my favorite puff sleeve dress on sale!


BEAUTY:

-Caudalie toner: I have been trying several different toners since the start of the year, and I have seen the greatest difference in my skin from this one. I want to try some other products from the line, and see if I like them just as much.

-Sunscreen: Supergoop and Elta MD are my two favorite face sunscreens. I didn't try either brand until this summer, but I will use them from here on out. The Supergoop is a chemical sunscreen and the Elta MD is a physical/mineral sunscreen, if that helps you decide which one you want to try! 

-Glossier Boy Brow: After a year of use only this for my brows, it is still my favorite brow product ever! 

-YSL under eye brightener: I was totally influenced by a blogger friend to try this. It is amazing at brightening and helping to conceal your under eye! I can't believe I only discovered it this year, ahha. I sometimes use this, mascara and brow gel for an easy no make up make up look.



BOOKS:

-I have been trying to squeeze in as many books as I can this summer. Here are 3 of my favorites so far:

-The Royal We

-The Last Mrs. Parrish

-Malibu Rising

(Here is my Summer Reading List)


MISCELLANEOUS:

-Bala Bangles: Still loving these, and had to share them again!

-Sparkling Water: I do not know if I have ever shared my love for sparkling water on here. But, I LOVE it! I drink one per day. Its such a refreshing, nice treat in the afternoon, if I do not have an afternoon coffee. My favorites flavors are lime (basic!), peach and grapefruit.

-Morning Walks: I have pretty much been going for morning walks outside, since it was consistently nice weather. Sometimes I listen to a podcast, other times I just listen to the sounds of suburbia around me. I love starting the day with fresh air.

-Hydro Flask: The Hydro Flask lives up to the hype. I drink so much water throughout the day, that this was worth it for me. I love how cold it keeps water, so you always have something nice and cool to sip on.

-Needlepoint: I still love needlepointing, but have been doing so much reading that this hobby has taken the back burner. I have some super cute canvases I want to start, and I am hoping to get in some good stitching before I go back to school. 

-Acai Bowls: These are such a treat, but I love them. I live pretty close to a local acai place, and it is hard not to go there all the time! It is like eating a healthy ice cream for breakfast!


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

PS- I started a TikTok account, so go check it out @libbylovespearls.


SHOP THE POST:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosé. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms 😊💜), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre