Skip to main content

Recent Reads

 

I feel like I have read so many great books over the summer! I just started class, so I am not sure how much I will be able to read, but I hope to incorporate some recreational reading as I figure out my schedule and routine. I do love to read before bed so hopefully I can continue that! Any way, here are the books I have recently read. I feel like I am missing one but I cannot put my finger on it, hah. I need some more book recommendations, so please leave me a comment with a good one!


1. The Perfect Couple-This was my first read by Elin Hilderbrand, and It it is safe to say I want to read all of her books! Hilderbrand is such a great story teller, and I was so sucked into this murder mystery set on Nantucket.

2. Malibu Rising- If you loved The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo as much as I did, then you must read this one by the same author. It takes place over the course of 24 hours with flashbacks to the past, as it uncovers secrets of a Hollywood family.

3. The People We Meet On Vacation- This was adorable. It was the light, sweet read I needed for the summer. Yes, it is a romcom, and somewhat predictable but I could not put it down. I listened to a podcast with the author, and it was so fun to hear her motivation and inspiration for the characters and the story.

4. 28 Summers- This is another Elin HIlderbrand book. The way she told this story was so beautiful. This is definitely another romance-y book, but not overly so. It follows the two love interests over a good portion of their life starting in their 20's and moving forward for 28 summers. It will make you feel the feels, while still feeling like a light summer read. I just love that the majority of Hilderbrand's books take place on Nantucket/New England!

5. The Heir Affair- I am pretty sure I read this in the beginning of the summer. It is the sequel to The Royal We. I love any kind of fiction with royals as the topic, and this dishy sequel did not disappoint. I really need a third book from this author, or a spin off with a couple of the character- I have specific characters in mind but don't want to spoil the book!

6. The Nightingale- This book is a journey. An incredible journey with a beautifully tragic story of two sisters that play a big role in aiding the French Resistance during World War II in Nazi occupied France. It is fiction, but the women are somewhat based on real women of the war. This is a must read in my opinion. It does have some hard parts to read, but I really felt like the author did a good job at depicting the times correctly.

7. The Night Swim- I just finished this mystery/soft thriller. I have had the book for about one year, and wish I would have read it sooner! It was so interesting, and I loved that it was contemporary and the main character was a true crime podcaster. The plot is kind of two cases/mysteries at once and both end very differently. It was also a quick read if you just want something fun and fast!


What's next on my list?

-The Turnout

-Golden Girl

*I need some more suggestions/recommendations!*


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls


SHOP THE POST:


Comments

  1. I enjoyed Malibu, The People We Meet, The Nightingale and The Night Swim too! I am going to check out some of these other titles.
    -Kristen
    www.kristenwoolsey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good!! I just picked up the new Elin Hilderbrand book Golden Girl, and am loving it so far!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre