Skip to main content

My 2021 Favorites + Recap- What I'm Loving no. 28

 

Well well, we are already 10 days into 2022, it is time to share my top favorites from 2021! I tried to narrow it down to what I think were my absolute 2021 favorites, and a brief recap of the year to celebrate where we have come. Favorites posts are always a favorite to write because I get to share what I have been loving and maybe inspire you to try something new, or try something you have always wanted to try but haven't gotten there yet. This year is definitely ending on an eerie note, but do take time to reflect on what has been good this year, or what you have accomplished. I am also thinking about a top books I read in 2021 if anyone is interested!


Hydroflask- This is at the top of the list because I use it every single day! I am constantly sipping on water because I hate the feeling of being even slightly dehydrated. The Hydroflask is amazing because it keeps water so cold, especially if you add ice. I recommend getting the straw lid, too.

Nap Dress- I wish it stayed warm all year long so I could wear any nap dress I wanted every day. I have fallen deep in to the nap dress world, and I think they are absolutely worth it! As I have said before, they are so comfy, but you feel put together while wearing them. I am obsessed, and have garnered quite the collection now. 

AirPod Pros- I never knew I needed AirPods until I got a pair for my birthday. I listen to music while I study, and I know that all of those experts say that you should study with no noise, but I like music and my first semester grades do not follow the experts theory :) The Pro's are the way to go because they DO NOT fall out of your ears! They also have a noise cancelling ability, which I like to turn on when I have studying on campus.

Natalie Flats-I adore these flats from Sarah Flint. They are so well made that even having them for a year as not show much or any aging of the shoe. When someone asks me about Sarah Flint and says they are interested in trying the brand out but do not know where to start, I recommend these flats. They are iconic for the brand, and a great way to dip your toes into the SF design and comfort. I love the pointed toe and bow details that make the flat something you will have in your closet forever! You can always use my code SARAHFLINT-BALIBBYM for $50 off your first pair! PS- sometimes they have sales where anyone can use my code, even if they have purchased from Sarah Flint already!

Good Genes- I am rating this my most favorite skin care product of this year. I have noticed such a big difference in my skin since consistently using it. It really makes your skin glow and helps to clear it up a bit. I have not struggled with bad maskne and I think that this product has really help prevent it. I cannot say enough good things about it!

Necessaire Bodywash- So this was a November 2021 purchase, but it deserves a spot in the top favorites! I love taking a long, hot shower, especially to clear away some medical school stress. I also love elevating everyday experiences, so why not include something that makes me really happy like my steamy shower routine. I have the eucalyptus scent, and it has really transformed my shower time to feel like a spa.

Lake Pajamas- I have chatted about these pajamas a lot on here in the past year! I got my first pair last Christmas, and have since curate quite the collection. These jammies are like sleeping in literal clouds. The cotton is incredibly soft, and you just feel so luxurious while wearing them. I think they are definitely worth the hype they get an the price because of how often I reach of my pair of Lake Pajamas.


RECAP

Blog- I am so grateful to work with so many amazing brands this year, and even have a paid collaboration. I love the community I have built through this blog, and the platform it has become for me, and working with several amazing brands was only possible because of my amazing community. I cannot wait to see what happens in 2022, especially because I have a better understanding on what I can commit to for the blog/my socials with my med school class load. I feel so honored that I can continue to do this and have brand opportunities!

Going along with that, I never in a million years thought I would create a TikTok and like it. Creating a new type of content, video, has added extra fulfillment to being a creator. I never thought I would enjoy making videos, so it just goes to show that trying something new and putting yourself out there can be rewarding. If you're not following along there, my username is @libbylovespearls (same as Instagram!).

Life- Another crazy thing is that I started medical school. It has really felt like a long time coming, and was pushed back due to the pandemic. It is a lot of work and mental energy that goes into staying on top of school, and honestly sometimes I ask myself what the hell am I doing. I always try to think of the end goal, and remind myself why I chose this path. I have not shared a ton of content about school/being a med student, but I will if its something you guys would be interested in!


What has been one of your favorite products, moments, etc. from 2021? Let me know! I will be back in the new year with a post to discuss any goals I have, and with another year of PreMed Wear Pearls! Thank you all so much for being here :)


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls


SHOP THE POST:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre