Skip to main content

Weekend Packing Guides: The Hamptons

 

I'm totally day dreaming of all of my favorite places to take a little trip to this summer. So many places come to mind for a great long weekend summer trip. I thought I would start with the Hamptons. I have only been there a handful of times but love it. It is a really a big spot on the east end of Long Island and there is so much to enjoy!

When I think about packing for a long weekend, I pick pieces that can be mixed and matched, as well as transition from day to night. This can also leave room in your suitcase for a little shopping :)

Long Weekend Packing Guide: The Hamptons


Hamptons Sweater | White Dress | Sunhat

Linen Shorts | Pearl Handbang | Bow Slides*

Sunglasses | Swim Top + Bottom | Espadrilles | Tennis Dress

*use code SARAHFLINT-BALIBBYM for $50 off the sandals!

Since there is really so much to do and see in the Hamptons, tailoring your packing list to your activities is very helpful. For this packing guide here are the activities I was thinking of: going to the beach, shopping around town, coffee runs, hitting a winery, dinners and a sunset cruise. 

Beach: Swim Top + Bottom + Sunhat-- I would also throw in an oversized button up as a cover up and/or wear the Linen Shorts. Montauk, East Hampton and South Hampton have great beaches! Also the drive to the beaches is fun because of all the gorgeous real estate to look at. 

Bopping around town: You could really wear any of the outfits for this. I was thinking either the White Dress or the Tennis Dress with the Bow Slides. There is such amazing shopping in any town but I think East Hampton and Sag Harbor are my favorites?! Its hard to know because there's always new and amazing pop up shops each summer. This is a good time to pick up some fun pieces to also wear on the trip ahah. 

Coffee runs: Tennis Dress-- an easy throw on and go while still looking chic while you run to Jack's or the Golden Pear for coffee.

Winery Hopping: White Dress + Espadrilles -- There are only a few wineries in the Hamptons. Most of the Long Island wineries are on the North Fork of Long Island (Hamptons are on the South Fork). But it just so happens that my favorite one is in the Hamptons: Wolffer Estate. I suggest a reservation for their deck and a big bottle of rosΓ© to share. My other favorite Hamptons winery is Channing Daughters. (If you are on the North Fork, a stop at Sparkling Pointe is a MUST.)

Dinners: I suggest wearing a something you picked up while shopping or the white dress + espadrilles combo. There are so many places to eat that it is hard to give recs but I always love dining with a water/beach view.

Sunset Cruise: Hamptons Sweater + Linen Shorts --It usually gets chilly on the water at night so I always bring a sweater. You could also swap out the shorts for white pants if its a particularly chilly night.


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls


SHOP THE POST:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre