Skip to main content

What I'm Loving: 2022 Favorites

 

Hello and happy one week into the new year. Every year I like to think through what my favorite things of the year were- what did I wear the most, reach for the most, hobbies I loved, books I read. So enjoy my favorites from 2022 :)


FASHION:

The Nap Dress: She is an icon and closet staple at this point. I love how versatile the nap dress is and how easily I can style it so many ways. It is also a piece that can be worn all year round with the right accessories like tights and sweaters in the winter! They now make them with pockets which as been incredible. Ily HHH πŸ’™

Natalie Flats: These are my most worn pair of Sarah Flint's. Whenever someone asks me what pair of SF's to start with I always recommend these flats. They have that Sarah Flint comfort and are such a classic style and silhouette that you will wear them forever. I say they run true to size. I have a code for $50 off your first pair of shoes from SF: SARAHFLINT-BALIBBYM. 

Clogs: I think I will be a clog girlie forever. I think I wear mine almost every day? I love the extra height they give me, the way they go with almost every outfit and the fact that they are closed toe is perfect for student doctoring. Because I wear them so often, I am thinking of getting more of an investment pair like these

Straw Tote: The number of times I reached for this tote last year cannot be counted! It is such a great piece to have in your closet, and love that it comes from a small business run by a friend :) She hand paints all of the totes!

Mini Uggs: This kind of feels out of left field for me but I randomly ended up loving these. I got them in the fall because I wanted a short pair of cozy boots that I could wear for quick errands or even around the house as slippers. The amount of times I have worn them has shocked me. I wish I would have purchased a second pair when I bought the first one because I have been wearing them that often. I have found that they are the perfect winter traveling/flying shoe haha. (I can't find them in stock, so keep checking the link to see if your size comes back in stock!) 


BEAUTY/SKIN

Chanel Bronzer: I bought this towards the end of the year but it became a fast favorite. I have been loving experimenting with cream products, and this is the best cream bronzer I have tried. It gives such a natural glow- most bronzers are too dark or too orange on me but this one is perfect.

Clinique Overnight Mask: As soon as I feel a chill in the air, I bring this out for my nighttime moisturizer. It is great to lock everything in at night and keeps your skin so hydrated overnight when the air is so cold and dry. 

Supergoop Body Sunscreen: I am a stan for the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. I was looking for better sunscreen for my body at the start of the summer, so I decided to try the Supergoop one. I was a convert at first use. It is not greasy or sticky at all, does not smell like gross sunscreen and rubs in so well it feels like you are not wearing any sunscreen. I also bought the spray type too. Sun protection is important so I say invest in your products and skin.


MISC

Grandmillennial Apartment: It has brought me so much joy to decorate and style my apartment over the past year and a half. I have really leaned into my love of all things blue and white and have really created my perfect cozy, homey space. The grandmillennial apartment has even gone semi-viral on TikTok. Every few months I try to spruce up my space some how, and can't wait to show my current project when I am finished! 

Reading: I really try to do my best to read for fun while in medical school. I love reading and incorporating reading things that are not lecture slides or books is really good for the brain. I read 20 books in 2022, which is not a huge number but feels like a big accomplishment considering my intense study schedule! 

Giant Hydroflask: AKA- my emotional support water bottle. This goes everywhere with me. I mean everywhere. I have the 40oz with the straw lid and I think Hydroflask re-did the straw lid because this one does NOT leak. A dream!

Weezie Towels: Weezie so graciously sent me the towel starter pack this year. I already had the make-up towels and used/use them daily. These towels are incredibly plush and feel so luxurious. I love that you can personalize them by picking the trim color and adding a monogram. I like taking mundane everyday things and elevating them so it makes your everyday experiences a little more fun and exciting :)


Favorite Trend: Coastal Grandmother-- How could I not talk about coastal gran? I thought it was so interesting that this became such a huge trend when it is really just a type of classic style- it was never really "out," it just gained popularity for some time to be trendy again. I like I love it so much because it is basically how I already dress, especially for summer. This clearly translated well in the content I made about coastal grandmother style because one of my TikTok's was featured on the Today Show when they did a segment about the trend! Still will never be over that and will remember it forever!

Favorite Book: I actually don't have a favorite book from 2022. I read quite a few that I really enjoyed but one book is not standing out as the top read from the year. I think that is ok! I didn't want to pick one to just pick one for here. I am on GoodReads if you want to see what I am reading this year. (I think just search my name "Libby Mauk" on the app.)


I cannot wait to see what this year has in store!

As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre