Skip to main content

10 Summer Essentials no. 2



Happy Friday! It does not feel like we are officially one week into summer, but here we are. I put one of these posts together last year, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Summer is my favorite season, and my favorite part of my closet. Having a set of staples for any season is a great way to be able to create many outfits that make you look and feel your best. I know that this summer is a lot different than any other summer, but I have still been wearing the favorite seasonal pieces I have with me in PA. I hope to dive into my summer bucket list (safely!!) soon, and need some great summer looks to go with it! Even if summer is staycation-ing the backyard, it doesn't mean you can't wear your summer best to do so!

SUMMER ESSENTIALS: 




Striped maxi dress  |  Striped shirt  |  Gingham Swimsuit (top+bottoms)

    Wicker bag  |  Navy shorts  |  Sun hat  |  White dress





Striped maxi dress- This has been my favorite summer dress for one year now. That's right, I still love it after one year of having it. I wear it at least once a week, it is that good. Unfortunately, Gal Meets Glam Collection is closing, but you can still get this dress (in blue or pink) before they do so in early August. You will be missed, GMGC!

Striped shirt- A summer staple that was in my summer post from last year. I wear it all the time! J. Crew always seems to have it on sale, too!

Gingham Swimsuit (top, also here+bottoms)- A good swimsuit during this season is necessary. You want it to make you feel comfortable, and to make you feel confident. I love a high waisted bikini for this, and this gingham one from Draper James X Land's End is high on my wishlist!

Wicker bag- See my post from last year for the bag I own and adore. I could not find that bag this year, so I linked one that is just as summer ready. I think a wicker bag is the perfect addition to any summer outfit (I even carried mine into earlier fall last year).

Navy shorts- Another repeat from last year! I love the high waisted sailor style. The best pair of navy shorts I have found, are from J. Crew Factory a few years ago. They have not brought them back, but these ones are pretty similar.

Sun hat- This is for the fashun, and the sun protection. I love a big bow on a sun hat. Don't forget your sunscreen, too!

White dress- I just got this one in from the LMF X Target collection, and it is the perfect LWD for summer! It can be worn so many different ways, and the eyelet is classic. If you are a tall girl like me (I'm 5'9"), you may want to size up for some extra length! I would normally wear a small, but got a medium in it.

Printed dress- You could go a lot of directions for a printed, fun dress, but this ric-rac one from Jenn Lake's new collection with Sail to Sable was calling my name! I also love a floral, a toile, or a gingham dress for summer! It is nice to add a pop of something different to your wardrobe.

Jack Rogers- I ordered these Jacks last month, and love them. I do love my classic Jacks, but it is nice to mix it up. Again, another repeat from last year!

Espadrilles- I think you can wear espadrilles with any outfit during spring and summer. The feminine lace up around the ankle is a great detail, and they are so comfy! You bet, I am going to wear mine around the back yard this year! These are also a classic that will never go out of style, so you can wear them for years and years!




Happy summering, friends! What are your go-to's for summer?


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thanksgiving Look

Turtleneck  |   Skirt  |   Tights  |   Boots Thanksgiving is only one week away! I am excited to go home, and spend time with my family and friends. This is a holiday that is HARD to dress for. On one hand, you want to wear joggers and a big sweater because of all of the yummy food and treats. On the other hand, you want to dress up, or slightly dress up while still feeling comfy. Hence, the big dressing dilemma: how to create the right look for your kind of holiday? I like to dress it up a little , without wearing a cocktail outfit or gown, haha. I created this look for a dressy, casual look. It is an easy outfit to put together, and I bet you have some similar pieces in your closet! A turtleneck, plaid skirt and tights is such a classic fall look that is also great for this holiday. It is kind of an easy dressing equation too because it is so easy to mix and match what you have in your closet, or buy one new piece that you know will go with an...

My Gal Meets Glam Collection

Hello! You might have already figured this out, but I have a serious obsession with every single Gal Meets Glam dress and collection . I feel like I am starting to grow quite the collection of the insanely beautiful dresses. I recently did a poll on my Instagram, and you guys said that you wanted to see my collection. I have compiled pictures from older posts, and from my iPhone to show you! I have purchased all of these on sale, or received them as gifts (thanks mom). I think getting them on sale is my secret for buying Gal Meets Glam dresses. They are 100% worth the investment, and will always be in style because they are such classic pieces and silhouettes. A new collection comes out about every month, and every month I look at it, and think: I want it all!! The next drop is March 13th, and I am so excited!! I have added the name of each dress below the picture. Because these are from the "older" collections, I cannot find most of the links. But here are my tips if you...

What I'm Loving (+ GIVEAWAY!!!)

Here is the first What I'm Loving of 2019! I've really been into some very classic pieces at the start of this new year, and loving some old favorites! Classic Tan Trench //  I had my eye on this one from J. Crew for a LONG time. The other week, it was 25% off, I had a J. Crew gift card, AND I had $15 dollars in J. Crew rewards money, so I HAD to get it!! I am obsessed, and I cannot wait to wear it on repeat this spring!! Here are some more cute options that are on good sale!!: Tan Trench 1 , Tan Trench 2 .  Simple Closet Staple Pieces // I have been on Pinterest pinning a lot of more classic staple pieces. Things like simple solid colored turtle necks and sweaters. I recently bought this sweater from Tuckernuck , and have been wearing it on repeat! It is so easy to style well, and style differently. I recently wore it with black watch plaid pants and loafers. Loafers are another classic piece that I recently added to my wardrobe. My mom surprised me, and sent me these...