Skip to main content

Back to (Grad) School!


I am not sure if this is out where you live, but the Targets in New Jersey have had back to school supplies out for a couple of weeks now! Uffdah! At this point in my life, I feel like I am a back to school pro. I have gone through college, now grad school, and am planning on professional (medical) school too. I know what I need, and what I like, and have learned what is not necessary. Today, I have rounded up my 5 top back to school things. I think you will find these useful no matter what stage of your education you are in, and even you are not going back to school!
(I have linked some school posts from last year at the end of this post, check them out!!)

1. Planner
Every year, it feels like my planner saves my life, πŸ˜‚. If you have been around since I started PWP, one of my first posts was an ode to my Erin Condren Planner. I still stand by my love for the EC planners. I have switched to their new academic planner, and the features have been perfect for grad school life. Having a place to write down due dates, to do lists, exam dates, etc., will make you a better student, and make school easier for you. I promise!!

2. iPad
I realize this is not in everyone's budget, but if you are looking for a new way to take notes, and revitalize your study routine, I seriously cannot recommend an iPad enough. (We actually get them from our grad school because we take exams on them.) Don't forget the Apple Pencil either! There are a ton of different apps for note taking, but I use Notability. You can download the lecture right to the app, and write directly on the slides. It has really helped me pay attention, and have all of the information right there when I study, so there is no flipping between a note book, and the lecture! It is easy to color code, and organize your notes too!



3. Organizational System
This is something I need to invest in myself this year. I have saved all of my notes from graduate school because what we learn is basically what the medical students learn so it will (hopefully) be helpful in the near future. With that being said, I need some kind of hanging filing folder rack or shelves. This is something everyone needs! It is so easy to get disorganized when you are in the midst of a busy semester. Anything that could help with your organization is something you need. I LOVE to color code things as well as a physical organizer! Staying organized, and on top of your work is a must.

4. Coffee Mug
This made the list because well you know my love for coffee, ahah! But this is really great to take to class with you, and fill it up at school if you need a pick me up. I like to find a big one that will hold the biggest setting on my Keurig, aha! You do not have to use it for coffee either. Tea, water, smoothie or anything works! This is also a great way to cut out waste, and help out the environment some because school work can be so paper heavy. 

5. First Day of School Outfit
I know...I feel like this is a strange thing to include on this list. I have learned, though, that the first impression you make for the new academic year is an important one. This applies to all levels of education from grade school, to high school, to college, and graduate/profession schools. I also love "dressing up", and it doesn't feel like I am being dressy because it is just what I do, aha. So find that outfit that makes you feel confident, and makes you look like you are there and ready to work hard!


Be on the look out for back to school outfit ideas, and an updated study tips!!

More School Posts to Check out!
My Planner
Study Essentials
Study Routine
Exam Outfits


As always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

Comments

  1. LOVE back to school shopping! Gotta love a good planner to keep everything organized. Have a marvelous start to your year, girly!
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to school shopping is the BEST!!! I hope your school year starts smoothly, and that you have a good bunch of students!!
      xx Libby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre