Skip to main content

What I'm Loving no. 22: My 2020 Favorites!

 

I am not sure why, but my 2019 favorite things post has had a lot of views these last couple of months (like it is slightly blowing up?!)! But I am back with my favorite things of the year, 2020 edition, plus some of my favorite moments and blog posts of this past year. It has been a ride this year, but I am so incredibly grateful for my family and friends this year, and they are definitely at the top of the favorites list 😊.


2020 Favorites:

1. Glossier Lash Slick- If you have not tried Glossier products yet, get on it because they live up to the hype! This mascara is incredible, I love how it lengthens and fills your lashes. The look it gives lashes is also one that says I am wearing make-up, but it does look that natural. I also love the Boy Brow product. 

2. Favorite Books: The Vanishing Half + The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo- These were my top two reads of the year. They are both kind of historical fiction. I was really sucked in by both stories, and thought the topics and themes covered were so relevant and important for modern day. If you have not read either, I highly recommend them both! Here is my Books page with everything I have read and enjoyed!

3. Dudley Stephens (aka Quarantine MVP): A DS Fleece + leggings was my almost every day quarantine #ootd. There was something so comforting about putting on a Dudley Stephens fleece, especially during March and April. I also added 6 more to my collection in 2020 (I cannot believe I am admitting that, haha). I am also planning to wear them all day during this winter, as we will most likely be more homebound again. Here is a link to take $25 off of your first fleece!

4. Video Chats (+ Virtual Yahtzee Night!)- When we figured out that Yahtzee was such an easy game to play with others virtually, we had a game night at least one a week. I enjoyed having an activity to look forward too. I am so grateful for technology because video chats were way better than just a phone call because it is nice to see peoples faces, especially when we were so isolated during stay at home orders. I feel like playing a game virtually helped with some feelings of video chat burnout. 

5. Nespresso Machine- A very necessary quarantine purchase because I really missed going on coffee runs, lol. I also found it on sale for 50% off, and thought sure, why not! I am so happy I bought it because I use it almost every day. It is fun to get creative with coffee at home, and I know I will have this for a long time!

6. Lululemon Align Leggings- These are the best leggings ever. They are pricey, but worth it because of the comfort and softness of them. When I say soft, they are like buttery soft, but also do a good job of holding you in. Another quarantine wardrobe MVP, for me! A note on sizing: I think they run a bit big because of how stretchy they are, so I size down, and suggest that you should too!

7. Margaux Demi Flats- I was honored and ecstatic when Margaux asked me to join their new ambassador program. I had loved the brand prior to then, so it was such an easy fit. I got these flats in navy, and was able to wear them so often before it got too chilly. You can still use my code libby10 to take 10% off your own pair of Margaux shoes.

8. Needlepointing- I started to get into needlepoint in January 2020, and was so proud of myself for that because it proved to be a great quarantine hobby. It is great to stitch away and feel simultaneously productive and relaxed. I feel like it is trendy to needlepoint these days, and I think that is the reason for that.

9. Sunday Riley Luna Night Oil- 2020 was my year to actually get into skincare. I first bought this Sunday Riley set at Sephora, and was hooked on products. My favorite has been this Luna Night Oil because the first time I used it, I saw a difference in my skin. It also feels pretty gentle for a retinol, which is good for me. 

10. Balega Socks- These socks are no joke. They are the most supportive, comfy exercise sock I have ever worn. My aunt introduced them to me during quarantine when she was turning me into a runner (lol). I now only want to wear these socks when I exercise/go on walks/am wearing tennis shoes. They have more fun colors on Amazon, too!


MY FAVORITE BLOG POSTS:

1. Graduation Day

2. Layers + LBD

3. What I Learned During My Master's

4. My Wardrobe Staple: Dudley Stephens Fleece


HONORABLE MENTIONS:

-Pre-COVID Pilates Classes (lol)

-Tory Burch Masks

-Hill House Home Nap Dress (use this link for $20 off of $100!)

-Mini Ugg's


As Always,

#dontforgetyourpearls

I guess I should add that I moved back to MN from the east coast, and that was big 2020 change. I do miss the East Coast, and am trying to manifest for a med school out there to accept me!

DISCOUNT CODES:

-10% off at Margaux: libby10

-$50 off at Sarah Flint: SARAHFLINT-BALIBBYM

-$25 off of $150 at Dudley Stephens

-$20 off of $100 at Hill House Home


SHOP THE POST:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic

  Who else has been loving the  Coastal Grandmother aesthetic trend on TikTok? I've been very engrossed in this trend that is actually not at all trendy and a nod to classic style, which I LOVE. Classic summer style is one of my favorite facets of classic style- linen dresses and pants, sun hats, walks on the beach and lots of rosΓ©. This is literally me. And I consider myself a grandmillennial, so coastal grandmother is not too far off. Some may call it coast-grand-millennial ;) ALSO, a couple of weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on the trend, and featured a clip from one of my coastal gran TikToks! These are things you need to create your own coastal grandmother aesthetic, the coastal grandmother starter kit if you will. You probably have most of these things in your closet if you are a fellow classic style lover, like myself. So lets all live our lives as if we lived in a Nancy Meyers movie, and have the best coastal grandmother girl summer. Coast Grandmother Essentials: - B

What I Packed for Rhode Island

  I am SO excited to be back on the East Coast for a bit. Today, we are driving to Rhode Island to spend the long weekend and celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday (thirty, flirting and thriving, right?!). I have only been to Rhode Island on one other occasion, and that was a marching band trip where we marched in the oldest Fourth of July celebration in the country. Thinking back on that, it was a very surreal experience that I am grateful for, and I am even more excited to get to go back to that state and explore as an adult. As soon as I knew we would be going to Rhode Island, I thought about the outfits for the trip. It invoked a sense of the classic East Coast prep style that I already love so much, and so I took that as my packing inspiration! The Kiel James Patrick store/brand is based out of Newport, RI, so I will definitely be visiting and I had to leave room in my suitcase for some new KJP pieces. I haven't had to pack for travel in awhile, so I decided to take a new ap

Favorite Spots: St. Paul, MN

I have been thinking about Minnesota lately, and felt like reminiscing on some of my favorite spots in St. Paul, MN. Most people hear a city in Minnesota, and think Minneapolis. Although I love the treasures of Minneapolis, I went to college in St. Paul (Roll Toms πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ), and lived there for 6 years, so it has a special place in my heart. First off, lets get familiar with this city. St. Paul is the state capitol of MN!! It is NOT Minneapolis as so many people think! It is the older of the Twin Cities, and I think has more charm. Its divided into neighborhoods like any other city, and some of the best spots, are little neighborhood gems. The Twin Cities are both equally "Foodie" places, and we love some craft breweries/distilleries, and good eats!! Grandview Theatre pictured above! Used to walk there during college just to get popcorn! Merriam Park University of St. Thomas - my alma matter! (I surprisingly do not have any good pics of UST..) Izzie's Ice Cre